The World's Best Hardware Prices

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Faustinono

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2007
(I may also appear as Faustino/GenghisCunn - confusion with passwords.) As GC above, I wrote that "I bought a 4Gb Imation USB drive and a Memory Pro stick at far below Aus and UK prices." I forgot to say "in Dubai".

Scrushmaster, one reason I was looking for Asus products was that they generally have a two-year global warranty. But in my 15 years of buying PCs and components, very few have failed within the warranty period, I'd risk buying a non-international-warranty product from a reputable brand if the price is right.

marraco

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2007
I have read histories about 16 Gb USB pendrives (or memory cards), sold in china for really cheap money.
I expected from this article to clarify that, so, I are a bit dissapointed.

Whatever, probably this article needs a second article deepening that.

Since many hardware is manufactured in china today, is credible that the cheapest prices must be from there. I am surprised about Germany prices. (well some chip fabs are in german, but that not explain all the cheaps prices).

Good article.

PD: lately, I have searched to buy a Gforce 8800 GT from china, and have not found a single site in english, capable of the delivery to Latin America.

greasymonkey

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007

chinese poducts are not that good tho. i had a Sapphire Radeon X1550 256mb AGP card and the Heatsink and fan that came with it looked really crappy and the thing would over heat in 15 mins the pc would crash so i had to turn on all the fans and turn on all the Air conditioners to keep the thing runnin

in conclusion chinese products rnt the best....taiwan is way beta