Theatre of Magic

natty

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2005

Hi,
When shooting up the right orbit on ToM should the ball continue around
to the left orbit or should it be knocked down into the rollover lanes
by the left upper silver piece? I think the silver piece is supposed
to pop up but it isn't. If it is supposed to, can someone please tell
me how to fix it.

During Theatre Multiball I'm able to spell magic, then lock the ball.
But after locking ball 1, the magic letters still stay lit as well as
the two lock lights. But If I shoot lock again, it doesn't lock it.
Should the magic letters, and locks have to be relit each time after a
ball lock or not?

Thanks.
-Nate

gregg

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003

In article <1125355276.837139.15460@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
"Natty" <oldefortpub@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Do I have to spell magic a second time to get the 2nd ball lock?

No, you shouldn't have to.

Gregg

"Natty" <oldefortpub@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When shooting up the right orbit on ToM should the ball continue around
> to the left orbit or should it be knocked down into the rollover lanes
It depends on what mode you are in. If you are in the Magic Trick where you
are supposed to "shoot the pop bumpers", then the gate should remain down
forcing the ball into the pops on an orbit shot. Otherwise, it has a
tendency to open and allow a full orbit. Go into test mode solenoid test,
you should find something for "left gate". Pull the playfield glass to
check operation as well. There should be an electro-magnet hooked to an arm
coming off of the gate to pull it open.

> During Theatre Multiball I'm able to spell magic, then lock the ball.
> But after locking ball 1, the magic letters still stay lit as well as
> the two lock lights. But If I shoot lock again, it doesn't lock it.
> Should the magic letters, and locks have to be relit each time after a
> ball lock or not?
I don't fully understand your question here.

Andrew