Question Thermal Grizzly Contact Frame

Jun 3, 2023
Hello my friends, I come to ask if it is worth it or not to use the Thermal Grizzly Intel 12th Gen. CPU Contact Frame to try to get lower temperatures on my processor (I5 12600k), I know that it is a processor with very good temperatures compared to an I9-12900KS for example, but I want to have the lowest possible temperature excluding manufacturing errors and avoid that it becomes even more crooked over time, making the situation even worse, since CPU LAPPING is an option to exclude since there are still 2 years to go before the warranty expires.

NOTE 1: I've heard a lot about Thermalright Contact Frame, but I want to exclude it for the reasons that it is not sold in Portugal and because I don't want to enter the Chinese market.

NOTE 2: The processor has already been in use for 4-6 months with the original Contact Frame.

Motherboard: ASUS Tuf Z690 plus D4

CPU: Intel Core i5-12600k

Water Cooler: Team Group T-Force Siren GD360E

Translated by Google Translate (PT > EN)

Jun 3, 2023
From what I've heard it can drop your CPU temps by a couple degrees but it's not anything substantial.
I saw that the best thing is to install the contact frame in the first installation of the CPU, but now I would have to do CPU LAPPING, which is not feasible, since the cpu is still under warranty.
This is more for receiving personal opinions and other suggestions.

Jun 3, 2023
Por que?

Digamos que você caia de uma temperatura de carga total de 75C para 70C.

Isso lhe dá exatamente 0% de aumento de desempenho.

A menos que você já esteja no limite do estrangulamento térmico, perseguir a diminuição da temperatura de um dígito é simplesmente para se gabar.
MBut I also want to avoid bending the CPU even more over time