Thermaltake Case Has PSU On Bottom, Fans on Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

sephirothmk

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
Thermaltake has a case that mounts the PSU on the bottom??? OMG I MUST BUY THERMALTAKE!!

.....but seriously, who are you fooling with this article?

That looks almost exactly like the Thermaltake case I bought a couple years ago. It has a bottom-mounted PSU with a 200+mm exhaust fan in the roof. Mine's more advanced, despite its age, then the one in the picture, because in mine, the HDDs' front faces left so there is more room for the graphics card.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Ummm had a Antec case back in 2006 that had a psu mounted on the bottom. This is nothing new, sooo what's the deal here? Has Themaltake run out of ideas or something that have to resort to repackaging at least a 5 year old configuration/

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
Thermaltake is daring to be different by placing the power supply mount at the bottom.
Just like Antec was back in 2006 with the 900 case. Seriously, is this a misinformed article or a sales pitch?

This is far from a new feature, but I applaud Thermaltake for doing what more case manufactures should be doing.

G

The Thermaltake V3 has been out for >18 months, so it's not new, and what makes the BlacX edition different is the addition of the hard drive hot swap dock on the top, which the article barely even mentions, and not until the last paragraph. Instead it spends three paragraphs describing why Thermaltake "dares to be different" by putting the PSU at the bottom of the case.

This is an advertisement masquerading as a news article, and what's worse, it's poorly written, because it doesn't even highlight the thing that puts the "new" in the BlacX edition.

f4yellowjacket

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
WTF Toms! This is not new and ThermalTake does not deserve to get credit for this. This article needs to be removed so people don't start spreading the word about how great ThermalTake's new inovative cases are. I don't have a problem with the company but others came up with this idea first. They deserve the credit.

I'm going to spread the word that Toms is posting miss leading articles. If this keeps up I won't be coming back and I'll be making it my mission to spread the news that Toms is not a reliable source of tech news.

zorky9

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
'Currently pricing and availability is unknown, so stay tuned."

Other than that line, this looks like an ad. tsk tsk.

G

Come on Toms, we need new stuff. Feels like a website I stumbled upon and the last article was "Windows 98 coming soon"

G

Must be some kind of weird joke or trolling. I wonder why they'd use the name of a real company and a real product if this was just a joke though?

"and would otherwise risk an electrical short if the cable were any thinner" wtf? and

"And then there's the issue where PCI slots on many motherboards still reside at the bottom, making it hard to cram add-on cards and a power supply into the same tight space. " Yes, you can't put the motherboard where your PSU is. If you try breaking the mobo into smaller pieces, that might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.