Question Thermistor & noise sensor

sargan

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2012
Built up my PC yesterday, all running OK.
Based on Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master & AMD R9 7900

I now have 3 cables yet to fit.
2 x Thermistor Cables
1 x Noise detection cable.

I know where they plug on the Motherboard.

Q1 .. where do I put the Thermistors, and how do I attach them ?

Q2 … I understand the Noise Detection cable is to work with reducing fan noise, but really want your fans to work as effective as needs be, not throttled by noise … do most people just not bother fitting this.

Last edited:
Built up my PC yesterday, all running OK.
Based on Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master & AMD R9 7900

I now have 3 cables yet to fit.
2 x Thermistor Cables
1 x Noise detection cable.

I know where they plug on the Motherboard.

Q1 .. where do I put the Thermistors, and how do I attach them ?

Q2 … I understand the Noise Detection cable is to work with reducing fan noise, but really want your fans to work as effective as needs be, not throttled by noise … do most people just not bother fitting this.
For thermistors there are 2 two pin connectors "temperature sensor headers" on the MB. You can put their sensors anywhere in the case or place them on some part that doesn't have temperature sensors and monitor temps thru software. EC_TEMP1 and 2. Should be able to set some case fans to reference those probes to set fans speed curves
Not sure about 1 x noise detection header, I suppose it has a microphone and also to be used as reference for fan speeds.

sargan

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2012
I know the Motherboard connection points, no issue with that, what I am trying to figure out is where to fit the thermistor beads.
Also how do I physically attach the bead tips ?
Saw a post that says use tape, what type … as don’t want it coming loose.

I have no idea how to match temperature curves to fan control, is this documented anywhere.
Motherboard manual gives no clues what to do with them.