Sep 8, 2024
I built this PC about a month and a half ago, all parts purcahsed off amazon excpet CPU cooler which was bought from B&H. All drivers and updates are up to date.
Parts are as follows:
- Motherboard - MSI Z790 Gaming Plus Wifi-AMZ
- CPU: Intel Core i7-13700KF
- GPU: ASUS Dual DeForce RTX 4070 Super EVO OC Edition 12GB GDDR6X
- CPU Cooler: Lian Li Galahad II LCD 360 AIO Liquid Cooler
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 RAM 32 GB (2x16GB)
- Power Supply: Corsair RM1000x Fully Modular ATX Power Supply- 80 Plus Gold
- SSD: Samsung 990 Pro SSD 2TB
- Hard Drive: Segate BarraCuda 2TB Internal Hard Drive HDD
- Fans: Lian Li UNI Fans SL- Infinity
- Windows 11

Up until about a week ago the PC ran perfectly fine with 0 problems.
As of lately the PC monitors will disconnect (power on the PC monitors don't shut down they just lose connection/can't find a signal to the GPU). When this happens I notice the LCD of my CPU cooler goes wack (It usually has an animation but it goes gray when this happens and the temp reading drops/shows 0°C).

All fans and LEDS funtcion normally when this happens as well. In one instance when I was in a game and this happened, I waited a couple minutes before I was going to shut the computer down; however, the monitor reconnected on its own but it was at the windows login screen and once I logged in all applications that were previously opened were closed (acting as I restarted the PC even though all fans/leds stayed on during the time the monitors disconnected/CPU cooler bugged out and then monitors reconnected/CPU cooler went back to normal). This makes me believe I can eliminate a power supply problem and it may be motherboard or CPU related. This motherboard has LEDs for a quick debug but no LEDS light up whenthis issue happens.
I also noticed that my headset(audio) and mic work when this happens, multiple times I have been in discord and when this problem occurs I can still hear people and sometimes they can hear me talk back.

Additonal Info when this occurs:
Sometimes I am able to play a game for hours before this happens and others it happens instantly when starting up a game. Once it happens it usually keeps happening when restarting PC and trying to go back into a game. If the problem occurs, sometimes when I restart the PC it doesnt connect to monitors at all. It has happened with multiple games and even once when I am just at the home screen only on discord (nothing else active).

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2024
What changed a week ago?
Perhaps a bad windows update, a new app, malware.
Look in your program list for anything new or that you do not recognize.
Is your motherboard bios updated to currency? Previously, the defaults might have been too aggressive.
@geofelt The only changes are normal updates to windows, graphic drivers, etc. I did install F1 24 recently with a Fanatec sim rig set up, but I do not think that would cause this issue (When the issues happens as described it is not in this game alone).
I have not updated my bios (Bios installed is not the most current).

Yesterday I switched the PCIe slot the graphics card is in to see if the problem persists (Trying to eliminate possibilities). The problem has not happened yet (Obviously it has only been a day so we will see). If it does happen again even in the new slot, I will update the bios to see if that fixes it; otherwise I'm thinking I will most likely have to replace the GPU or motherboard.

Last edited: