These are the Free Games EA is Giving Out for SimCity Fiasco

Status
Not open for further replies.

irish_adam

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
[citation][nom]Onus[/nom]So, is there any possibility they will scrap the always-online requirement? That is their only hope of getting me to buy Sim City.[/citation]

if you read the bbc story on this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21828799

But Ms Bradshaw said the always-on requirement was "fundamental" to what the company wanted to do with SimCity and it was "designed" with multiplayer in mind.

so no

reviewer888

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012
Even this is not enough for me to buy an EA game. They can give a 10 for 1 and it isn't even worth a dime. EA ruins everything they touch and they have been rejected by the community years ago and will only catch up in time.
EA, go away.

Well they can keep the free game and just remove the always online requirement for single player. Until then I will not buy. I feel the same way about SimCity as I did Diablo 3 I only play single player and will not buy a game that requires connection to a server for single play game.

I am not going to buy a game that I may not be able to play a few years from now because the server is no longer online. I just do not understand why company's can't understand this. EA had to see the customer feed back when UBI Soft did the same thing and the later backed off some what made EA think that there customers would be OK with this?

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
That sucks. I already have most of the games on this list. I'm stuck with either NFS or bejeweled.

Way to make up for it EA, offer games you know most people already have.

aoneone

May 27, 2011
So which one of the free games should I choose for that list? Dead space 3 or mass effect 3? I want to know what is the best bang for the free BUCK LOL ^_^

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
[citation][nom]reviewer888[/nom]Even this is not enough for me to buy an EA game. They can give a 10 for 1 and it isn't even worth a dime. EA ruins everything they touch and they have been rejected by the community years ago and will only catch up in time.EA, go away.[/citation]

EA isn't so bad

fimbulvinter

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
[citation][nom]aoneone[/nom]So which one of the free games should I choose for that list? Dead space 3 or mass effect 3? I want to know what is the best bang for the free BUCK LOL ^_^[/citation]

Mass Effect 3 is a good game and the co-op multiplayer keeps me coming back to it as it is super fun and they have been really good about updating it with new classes, weapons, and enemies since release.

Being that I own it though the only real option for me is Dead Space 3. You really can't go wrong with ME3 though if you enjoy co-op multiplayer.

Two things tick me off about it and I'm glad I decided not preorder at the last second. One, is they never mentioned on the site about it anywhere that you NEEDED an internet connection to play. Two, once it did come out, they LIED right outright to everyone saying the internet connection was needed because the servers processed part of your city. We now know that is total BS and they should be sued for lying to people outright.

zyzeast

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
[citation][nom]xpeh[/nom]Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?[/citation]
This sentence just blew my mind.

cyphacipher

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2013
[citation][nom]bryonhowley[/nom]Well they can keep the free game and just remove the always online requirement for single player. Until then I will not buy. I feel the same way about SimCity as I did Diablo 3 I only play single player and will not buy a game that requires connection to a server for single play game.I am not going to buy a game that I may not be able to play a few years from now because the server is no longer online. I just do not understand why company's can't understand this. EA had to see the customer feed back when UBI Soft did the same thing and the later backed off some what made EA think that there customers would be OK with this?[/citation]

This so much. Soon there wont be "classic games" anymore. This constant on drm will make a purchase you made today obsolete a few years down the line when the servers have been shut down. Its sad that I can pick up a snes game or sega genesis game from the 90's and still play, but won't be able to play a game I bought this year in 3 years from now.

ibjeepr

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2012
[citation][nom]xpeh[/nom]Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?[/citation]

Am I the only one that has no idea what he just said?

SkegDev

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013

The problem is that most people are blinded by their hate so much that they cannot see the truth. EA could disappear any time and I would not miss them for 2 secs but to do this is actually commendable and more than most publishers would offer so it deserves at least a bit of praise.

[citation][nom]zyzeast[/nom]This sentence just blew my mind.[/citation]

"Let's not talk even bring Plants vs. Zombies or Medal of Honor: Warfighter to the table."

Only the article author, Catherine, knows what he is saying.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
[citation][nom]reviewer888[/nom]Even this is not enough for me to buy an EA game. They can give a 10 for 1 and it isn't even worth a dime. EA ruins everything they touch and they have been rejected by the community years ago and will only catch up in time.EA, go away.[/citation]
Does this mean you will buy an EA game if they offered you a steam coupon for a non-EA game?

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
[citation][nom]Onus[/nom]So, is there any possibility they will scrap the always-online requirement? That is their only hope of getting me to buy Sim City.[/citation]
There is no hope for that. The people at EA and Maxis have repeatedly said they will not allow an offline mode despite it being proven easily possible. They want you online to make sure to badger you about paying $14.99 for a marina. However, 6 months from now we might hear about a future title given that EA is getting a new CEO. Who knows. Maybe they will learn from their mistakes for once.

spartanmk2

Honorable
May 11, 2012
[citation][nom]tiret[/nom]give credit where it's due - u didnt see activision/blizzard giving a free game away after the diablo 3 flop![/citation]

To Blizzards defense. They did give free game time to World of Warcraft players when they had server issues back in the day. Of course, that was many years ago and server issues do not last more than a few extended hours on maintenance tuesdays nowadays. Oh, and before Activision aquired Blizzard.

Status
Not open for further replies.