This is the Microsoft Store Logo

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
... ugly and sad... i feel disturbance in the force... it's like... when YOU see such a design, it seams that YOU may know, how the interior of the shop gonna look like... and my guess is - like apple's, but may be greener... but it's just a guess...

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
... and they gonna have four sections in the shop...
... blue = business...
... green = mobility...
... yellow = media....
... red = gaming...
... just my guess again...

onsiteone

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
the logo is so..... square. how about some curves. it's 2009... modern web graphics use rounded corners all the time. the logo's color scheme is to be expected. i am also someone who would love to have seen some kind of fruit that is opposite of an apple. i wonder what is the opposite of an apple?

andyviant

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2009
[citation][nom]DjEaZy[/nom]... and they gonna have four sections in the shop... ... blue = business...... green = mobility...... yellow = media....... red = gaming... ... just my guess again...[/citation]

green is obviously reserved for the 360. Color associations aside - this is pretty poor. I can't imagine anyone wanting this on any merchandise. Who wants to carry a laptop bag with a square rainbow? I was hoping MS was getting away from the four colors with the way the new win7 logo is all white... that looks good and modern - this reminds me of that atari game with the forts in the four corners you had to destroy.

hardwarekid9756

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
It's obvious that they're going to have T-frame windows and those colors will be tranparently laid over the individual cells.

Otherwise, it looks like another iteration of their normal logo. Same color scheme, same arrangement, different viewing angle and slightly different dimensions. Not very adventurous, non-offensive and recognizable to any tech geek. Good choice IMO.

funkjunky

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
"retail store services and online retail services featuring computers, computer hardware
, software, computer games, computer peripherals, portable music players and accessories, personal digital assistants, cell phones and accessories, video game consoles and accessories, webcams, books, clothing, back packs, messenger bags, computer bags and novelty items."

Sounds like future shop.

I wonder if Microsoft will be successful with this...

I personally can't wait to go in and laugh at the techs who have to troubleshoot buggy proprietary software.

All bias aside, I am looking forward to see how a microsoft store operates =O... now only need to wait half a decade for the first one to hit Toronto >>;; (reference to apple stores)

Status
Not open for further replies.