This is the Microsoft Store Logo

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trollqueen

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
The logo appropriately symbolizes Microsoft lack of creativity. It's perfect. The only logo that would be better is a piece of fruit, say an apple, with those colors in it..oh wait. That's been done already.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
It'll be interesting if some day everyone's carrying Zunes around rather than ipods. I wonder how they compare, I own neither device. Will be cool to be able to go in a Microsoft store some day.

G

Honis - wow, it does look like it is sucking you in. What a great logo, then. Looking at this in a mall, one would feel compelled to move towards it, be drawn to it, ultimately into the store.

(OK, mac fanboys - time to start your "Microsoft sucks" comments)

;-)

biometricsguy

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2008
I think their logo should be Calvin peeing on the apple logo. Its much more reflective of what they're trying to accomplish with this idea.

cekasone

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
Multi-Billion dollar company and this is what they come up with. The orb vista logo would look way better in my opinion.

badaxe2

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
I get it, it looks like a "window" with Microsoft colors, but it still looks pretty anemic. It should have a bolder look to it like the logo that appears on their software boxes.

jgiron

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
it doesn't appeal to me, they need the classic windows icon that was on 95/98 which many people know. Just spice up that image and it should be good to go.

chuckdalton

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
I wonder how many hours they spent in meetings to come up with that one. Maybe they should a blue screen of death instead.

wasteoftime

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2008
[citation][nom]evolve60[/nom]maybe they should use another fruit as their logo, instead of an apple they could use an orange or something, maybe even a strawberry.[/citation]

They could, but we don't need Pac-Man wandering around every mall in America looking for stores to consume.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
Not for it.

Besides, Windows might be their main product, but they have others.... their company isn't named Windows, so the logo should encompass everything they offer.

villainb

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
It's loud, complicated, and kind of nauseating to look at. It fits perfectly. I'm a Windows guy, but what the hell are you going to buy @ a Microsoft store? It's not cool! The Apple Stores make nerds look cool, because Apple has that image. I can just imagine a kid coming out of this store with the logo on the bag and getting his @$$ beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.