This Tablet Was Built for Making a Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
You know what would be great?

If Microsoft or Google made it to where you can install their phone OS "over" the iPhone. I mean, that was the difference between Microsoft and Apple back in the day. Apple took the path of owning and marketing the hardware and Microsoft took the path of owning and marketing just the OS, but you could put it on hardware of your choosing.

Make it like the jailbreakme.com website, you just go to the OS website, pay for the OS, then is just does a live install over your iPhone OS.

irh_1974

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
Tablet for watching torrented TV shows
Tried it on a smartphone and even 4" is pathetically rubbish
I have a 10" digital photo frame that can play AVI's to test viewing and it seems to hit the sweetspot for me with viewing size, maybe an inch smaller I could get away with, same applies when viewing photos - being able to print is an absolute must.

irh_1974

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
[citation][nom]mj4358[/nom]This is truely waste of resources! All this effort to hack OSX...whats the point?[/citation]
Because despite being a Windows user, I appreciate that some people prefer to use OSX but dont want to pay 2x the cost of comparable hardware

blueeyesm2k4

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010
Axom(singing):
We built this tablet, we built this tablet for makin a Hack-intosh!
Built this tablet, we built this tablet for makin a Hack-intosh!

Say you don't know me
well recognize my faceplate.
Say you don't care who Googles that kind of site.
Knee deep in the hoop-la
sinking in your fight.
Too many clones eating up the night.

Jobs plays the Dylan
listen to the 'Net radio.
Don't you remember?
We built this tablet
we built this tablet for makin' a Hack-intosh!
We built this tablet
Built this tablet
we built this tablet for makin' a Hack-intosh!.
Someone's always playing corporation games.
Who cares they're always changing corporation names.

We just want to dance here but Balmer stole the stage.
They call us irresponsible
write us off the page.
Jobs plays the Dylan
listen to the 'Net radio. . . .

It's just another Sunday in a tired old street.
The police have the choke hold
and we just lost the beat.
Who counts the money underneath the Genius bar?
Who rides the wrecking ball into our guitar Heroes?
Don't tell us you need us
'cause we're the ship of fools

Looking for America
crawling through your Tubes.

Don't you remeber?

Jobs plays the Dylan
listen to the 'Net radio.
Don't you remember?
We built this tablet
We built this tablet

G

Wow, the tablet all the iPad haters were SURE the market really wanted. I'm sure they'll all be running out to buy one now, amirite?

visa

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
Nice specs and I've definitely been looking to get a netbook or something to put OSX on but $750 is pretty expensive for a tablet. Think I'd spend the extra to get this over the iPad but I think it'd be more of a novelty for me..

irh_1974

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
[citation][nom]visa[/nom]Nice specs and I've definitely been looking to get a netbook or something to put OSX on but $750 is pretty expensive for a tablet. Think I'd spend the extra to get this over the iPad but I think it'd be more of a novelty for me..[/citation]
Why dont you just wait for a nice cheap Windows 7 tablet to come out, they you can tear it to bits and have dual boot - actually no! Quad-boot! With Windows, Android, Linux and OSX.

mj4358

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
[citation][nom]irh_1974[/nom]Because despite being a Windows user, I appreciate that some people prefer to use OSX but dont want to pay 2x the cost of comparable hardware[/citation

But your only getting half the experience with all the problems of half bakes hardware!

irh_1974

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
But your only getting half the experience with all the problems of half bakes hardware!
For desktops, seeing as Macs use the same componants as PCs, have we any reason to believe that tablets will be any differant? If it is, for example, a really nice Sony tablet I seriously doubt it would be half baked.
Watch this space for a quad-booting Vaio-Pad.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
A resistive 1366x768 13" is what I want in a tablet. :)
Wouldn't mind a hackintosh, though I imagine I'd stick with Windows.
It needs a miniHDMI/miniDVI/miniDP out though.
Does it use a 1.8" or 2.5" HDD?

wildwell

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
I like Axon's very politically correct statement on their site. I wonder how their tech support you go if you're installing OSX on it.

"Yes, I can help you with that, but first let me remind you that Apple forbids you from doing this."

mj4358

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
[citation][nom]irh_1974[/nom]For desktops, seeing as Macs use the same componants as PCs, have we any reason to believe that tablets will be any differant? If it is, for example, a really nice Sony tablet I seriously doubt it would be half baked.Watch this space for a quad-booting Vaio-Pad.[/citation]
We are not talk about a Sony product in this regard. Besides to argue that Apple is using basically the same parts as a generic PC is akin to saying Sony , Maingear, Alienware, Falcon etc... do too. But they get away with charging $2000 for a PC that Dell makes for $1200.
Besides Where can you buy a motherboard used by apple thats sold by New egg? Where can you find a case of the exact same? these are all custom made and designed by Apple. Yes the use chip sets, Processors, Ram, and Video cards like the PC's do. But none of the boutiqe type PC makers are truely different from the Dell's and HP's or what you may have put together yourself at 1/3 of the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.