[SOLVED] Thoughts on WIP build?

HDinis09

Prominent
Nov 30, 2020
All links are either from PCPartPicker or Amazon since they are the most popular I usually see.
First build(work in progress, only have RTX 3060 Ti) so anything you want to advise into getting(within the same budget +-) I will take into consideration.
Already have Storage

Just have worries regarding the RGB fans, from what I gathered the mobo doesn't support ARGB directly. My question is, will this hub/controller included in the pack allow me to address the LEDs/speed(From both the 3 fans purchases and 3 ARGB from the case), if yes, where should I connect it to?
Thank you for your help!

Last edited:
Solution
I did know about the ram speeds being better at 3600, however, I think I will stick with 3200 for now at least.
Regarding the mobo, it was just an upgrade from an Asrock b450m pro4, I was afraid of being shipped an older model without updated bios. Would the 3060 ti really need PCI-E Gen4? If yes, I think I may be able to get either of these 3:
MSI B550M Bazooka € 106,90
GIGABYTE B550M AORUS ELITE € 103,90
Gigabyte B550M S2H € 81,00
It won't, but you might wanna use a pcie 4 ssd a few years down the line. If you're sure you won't, it doesn't matter. Jus tger b450
All links are either from PCPartPicker or Amazon since they are the most popular I usually see.
First build(work in progress, only have RTX 3060 Ti) so anything you want to advise into getting(within the same budget +-) I will take into consideration.

Just have worries regarding the RGB fans, from what I gathered the mobo doesn't support ARGB directly. My question is, will this hub/controller included in the pack allow me to address the LEDs/speed(From both the 3 fans purchases and 3 ARGB from the case), if yes, where should I connect it to?
Thank you for your help!

Two things.

That RAM is good but less than ideal. 2x8, 3600mhz CL16 is preferred for Ryzen. And a better quality stick too, something like a Trident Z Neo. If not possible, Ripjaws V, and Ballistix are good too.

Second, that mobo, why? Your GPU is Pcie4. 0, your CPU is ryzen 3000. Just get a B550.

I am not sure abiut case argb + controller, because most likely the connectors are proprietary on the hub, but that hub should control the fans that come with it fine.

I'd say just get more of the Phanteks fans that the case comes with, you should have less clutter and confusion that way. I believe the hub in the case can plug into the mobo as well

Reactions: HDinis09

HDinis09

Prominent
Nov 30, 2020
I did know about the ram speeds being better at 3600, however, I think I will stick with 3200 for now at least.
Regarding the mobo, it was just an upgrade from an Asrock b450m pro4, I was afraid of being shipped an older model without updated bios. Would the 3060 ti really need PCI-E Gen4? If yes, I think I may be able to get either of these 3:

Reactions: Prad_Bitt
It won't, but you might wanna use a pcie 4 ssd a few years down the line. If you're sure you won't, it doesn't matter. Jus tger b450

Solution