Three Big Announcements Coming from Valve

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pottuvoi

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2009
1. No HL2 Episode3
2. HL3 announced and they have just started working on it, release date 2015
3. All weapons except crowbar are DLC with cheap prize of 15$ each, some monsters can only be killed with certain weapons.

trkorecky

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
[citation][nom]zach538467[/nom]One of them will probably be that Gabe accidentally ate everyone on the Half-life dev team, so it's being delayed further.[/citation]
I really shouldn't be laughing at this in Starbucks...

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]Waethorn[/nom]"SURPRISE! Half-Life 3 is a PS3 exclusive."[/citation]
Well, looks like I'm gonna have to break open my future kids' college saving jar!

theoutbound

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
I hope at least one of these is a new version of source. I do 3D art and as much as I loved the editor when it was released, it is getting vastly underpowered compared to UDK and CryEngine.

Warsaw

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
[citation][nom]ben BOys[/nom]1. Ep32. new source engine3. that new game they just got the patent forthose are my guesses[/citation]
That sounds actually pretty spot on to what I was thinking....Or the 3rd spot could be HL3?! But then again, that'd be pretty close to Ep3. Hmm, the possibilities are endless. I walk the path that Valve leads. Viva la PC! *Hug Valve* (Tries to get arms around Gabe, but very difficult....might need my Stretch-Armstrong).

queequeeg

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010

Announcement number two: the biometrics effort is a joint venture with Google.

wingnutza

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010
3 surprises? Which will shock people again?
Easy:
Half Life for Iphone/Ipad
TF2 for Iphone/Ipad
L4D for Iphone/Ipad
:-D

G

I will certainly not be shocked to find that they are still not releasing Episode 3. On the other hand, episodes 1 and 2 underwent a lot of playtesting, and the result was very good, so with any luck they are making a decently long game but still aiming to keep the quality up. If that were the case I'd still be angry that they are taking so long, but I would forgive them after finishing the episode.

ben BOys

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2008

haha i agree with you you don't really know what your getting with valve these days we certaily wasn't expecting L4D and expecially not L4D2 ans well as portal creeping up to arguably there best game yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.