Three Big Announcements Coming from Valve

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeeKo

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
They are indeed very smart, this way they can improve the "boring" parts of a game! Basing on people physical reactions while they play!

furylicious

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
This is why Valve continues to be successful and draw in their fans... because they pay ATTENTION to what gamers want. Can't wait to see what the surprises are :D

tolham

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
"the company recently said that gamers should expect "at least" three big surprises within the next 12 months."

this is a typo. what they mean to say is that we should expect 1 surprise in the next 3 years.

jomofro39

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
I can just imagine some of the biometric data from some testers;
Day 1, Subject 1337:
Subject shows profuse perspiration, high heart rate, general uneasiness and low moaning noises and will not stop staring at this bag of cheetos. Now he launches the game.

adikos

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
valve is amazing in regards to its games. there are plenty of resources on steam that show their stats for games, they also have map images of their TF2 maps showing where conflict takes place.

i also recall when l4d came out they had a presentation online talking about player states and how they got l4d working with these various states, specially for their random zombie surges which would benefit from biometric monitoring.

i cant wait for their big 3.

victomofreality

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
The three surprises are as follows
1)no half life 3
2)no half life 2 episode 3
3)portal 2 will be postponed...
lol j/k I can't wait to see what they're going to give us... also find it funny that since the core i7 contest thumbs up seem rare.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
Do they need my biometrics discoveries?

"Alyx Vance enters the scene. Subject heart rate slightly increases. Gaze alternate between upper-torso and lower-back regions. Subject also experiment a massive blood rush to the pelvis area."

djmpsf

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
The biometrics thing seems very interesting but I can't help but think of the phrase "you will assimilate, you will be one with the borg"

On another note.... please please please oh pretty please with sugar on top and a stack of $5 dollar bills in a playboy strip club can we get HL: Episode 3. Promise I will be good.

Sabiancym

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
That is what I'm talking about. A game that can actually tell how I'm feeling and adjust accordingly. That's awesome.

I'm a Valve fanboi, I'll admit it.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Or maybe,

Surprise 1: We will release Duke Nukem Forever ''soon''.

2 months later

Surprise 2: Duke Nukem Forever was cancelled.

2 months later

Surprise 3: We are still working on Duke Nukem Forever, release date: coming ''soon''!

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]NeeKo[/nom]They are indeed very smart, this way they can improve the "boring" parts of a game! Basing on people physical reactions while they play![/citation]
Once nothing is boring, then everything is.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
I like the stress monitoring in L4D. If you starting kicking them down real hard with a great group, they'd come at you even harder.
Getting to see this in other games may be interesting. :D

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Well, here's a freebie for their data: I NEVER looked at the light on the gun NOR the targeting reticle to determine the color of last portal I had fired. Sure, it made for some misfires, but I mainly just took to firing one or the other in certain situations, and then rely on reflexes when I need both in rapid succession. Needless to say, I'm not the best portal player, but I imagine the good ones don't look at those indicators either, they're just better at remembering which one they need to fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.