Status
Not open for further replies.

Seeker21

Reputable
Dec 30, 2017
Hello, I want to use throttlestop to undervolt my i5-8300h but I am worried that if I went to far that my system crashes and then when restarting it still applies the undervolts and I basically be stuck in a loop. I've ticked save voltages immediately in FIVR and made a task for throttlestop to start with windows in task scheduler so with these settings if I went too far will this crash loop occur?

Seeker21

Reputable
Dec 30, 2017
Why do you want to undervolt it?
I've already undervolted the core to 170 and cache to 130 a year ago and I am thinking of pushing it more to see if I can get lower temps. With these undervolts and thermal repaste my cpu reaches 87° as max temp after few hours of gaming which I suppose is dangerous and is worrying me.

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
I've already undervolted the core to 170 and cache to 130 a year ago and I am thinking of pushing it more to see if I can get lower temps. With these undervolts and thermal repaste my cpu reaches 87° as max temp after few hours of gaming which I suppose is dangerous and is worrying me.
Why not attack the temp thing on its own, rather than crippling the performance.

Seeker21

Reputable
Dec 30, 2017
Why not attack the temp thing on its own, rather than crippling the performance.
Other than repasting and dust cleaning which I am not planning to do now this is the only thing which
I know of that will reduce temps. If it's safe then that will be perfect with me. I don't have a problem trying so many voltages and testing over long hours or days to see if the performance is impacted.

Status
Not open for further replies.