TIME Makes List of 100 Greatest Videogames

Status
Not open for further replies.

the associate

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
First thing I noticed was GTA 3, and remembering the pure amazement I had playing that game, and enjoyed it so much I even drove around the city just for the hell of it.

IMO Ocarina of Time should be in that list as well. But it still seems like a completely well thought out list.

QEFX

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
I have to agree with most of this list, or at least I understand why they put what they did on (even if I don't agree with it.

RIP Sir-Tech. I miss the old Wizardry RPGs and fond memories, or should I say mammaries, of the Leisure Suit Larry games.

My biggest issues ... no Freespace (Two fantastic space combat games) and other than Civ no 4x games (no MoO or MoM)

kanoobie

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2006
Although everyone will have a different list, overall they got a good list there. I won't bore people with why they didn't include Uncharted Waters, oops seems like I just did :).

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
LOL , no C&C , no Warcraft or Warcaft II and like someone pointed out no AOE, also no DUKE, Descent, Half Life, and a score of RPG's that shaped the modern ones now, also for 2000+ add Stronghold and Heroes of Might and Magic. Oh and i forgot none of the M&M made the cut ... worst list ever.... like the fact that Desktop Tower Defense is there and Angry Birds...

G

There were some amazing games since 2010 (well.. like 5 or 6 at most that are worthy of the 'classic' title), but they were all sequels to superior games of the past. At least their impact, and advancement of gaming was greater in their own time.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
No Planescape Torment, no Baldur's Gate, no Fallout, Oblivion instead of Morrowind.

However it's not a totally retarded list as they put in Thief, KOTOR and Prince of Persia

G

while they have some good classics there are MANY serious contenders that are left out for shit like flowers...

dvo

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2008
i generally like that list. but i personally believe castlevania: symphony of the night should have been included.

inthere

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2006
RTS gets no love? Command And Conquer, Age Of Empires, Warcraft AND 2, Red Alert, it really was the golden age in the 90's for RTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.