Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I kid you not. I have a TNT2 and my friend has a Riva 128ZX
everygame I play looks better on his system. especially
FF7. I use Nvidia's latest reference drivers and have
Tested using DX7 and 8. Things are just plain 'smoother'
on his system.

G

maybe he has a nicer monitor? I have an iiyama visionmaster 17 and an older hitachi cm751 and things look way nicer on the iiyama, despite having a less capable vid. card attached to it..

SoulReaper

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
what about hardware rendering? is he using software....openGL...or D3D. It makes a huge difference. If you can run openGL, it will blow that 128 out of the water. Plus FF7 doesn't really use all the best 3d hardware from what i remember. FF7 rocks, but FF9 is better. I am hooked on it

Moose

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'm still hoked on FF7 (I haven't had much time to play)
I've tried using the Hardware accell patch for FF7 but it
doesn't make it look any better, but then again the patch isn't ment for the TNT2...

The 3d engine part of the game is jaged (if you know what I mean) and the FMVs are pixelated. I don't know maybe it's because DX has a really bad StretchBlit...

G

I'm using a CL TNT2 32MB AGP and I have had absolutely no problems with any games I have run, including D3D games. I haven't tried FF7 on PC, but my brother did and it seems to have problems with alot of video cards.

I'm not sure exactly what AA does, or how to tell if it's working or not, but the graphics look great in 3D games and the video is never choppy or slow.

I'm using a Duron 600/MSI K7Pro with 128 MB PC-100.

Diemos

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have to agree with nt5k. The AA on the tnt2 is far superior to the 128. I too was disappointed with the tnt2 AA, but when I upgraded my monitorit was like I had stopped squinting. A good crt makes all the difference.

Moose

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I guess that could be the problem... I have a monitor that
can only do 1024x768 at 60Hz, heck all it can do is 60Hz...
My friends monitor on the otherhand is actually good... :)