Tom's Hardware Ask Me Anything - Samsung

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh man, this one should be good. I have so many things I want to ask samsung... including if they'll ever use a metallic material for their products (only thing holding me back from buying samsung honestly)

Giovanni-L

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
@vmem haven't you noticed most companies don't use true metal in their phone casings either? They might use higher quality plastic that can LOOK and feel like metal, but it isn't.

And... your excuse is really annoying. "only if it has metal on it". Most phones do, just crank open the back cover xP

Well excuse me, I do need to read more than the title before I get excited and comment

I do find it funny however that you assume I'm an apple fanboi just because I like their aluminum casings... never owned an apple device in my life. have owned alienware and custom desktops, and currently holding an HTC DNA and would simply like more companies than HTC to understand that things like aluminum, or even as giovanni suggest "modified, hardened plastic" is nice. I don't want a $600 device that flexes when I squeeze it, is that really too much to ask?

loosescrews

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
Why do you use a triple core controller in your SSDs? Is it because some competitor used a dual core controller, or is it really the sweet spot in price/performance/power consumption?

Grandmastersexsay

Honorable
May 16, 2013
When will we see 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB standard memory options for your phones? What is the reason behind offering the same memory options that were available five years ago while the memory has gotten smaller physically and phone sizes have increased?

Status
Not open for further replies.