Tom's Hardware Giveaway - Dying Light!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingpin202

Reputable
Oct 17, 2014
Honestly,

Halo had my favorite zombies, the Flood. They would infect you and take over your dead corpse and anytime they popped, it felt that more were going to come alive. Killing covenant was always woresome with flood around to take them over. And that level, the library, wow, just run run run and shoot shotgun shells! ha.

thburninator

Reputable
Oct 19, 2015
As far as authenticity goes for zombies, I've gotta go with Dead Rising (well, at least they are authentic to start).Slow, clumsy, fun to kill. Favorite zombies by far. I guess the Plants vs Zombies zeds fit the bill as well.

hausman

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
My favorite / most memorable zombies were in Left 4 Dead. I love the mindless nature of the common infected. Nothing was more gratifying than throwing a pipe bomb into a room full of infected and watching them go boom! All other zombies since have been copycats (although those night stalkers or whatever from Dying Light look pretty cool!)

fatboyslimerr

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013
Obviously CoD World at War zombies because they were Nazi zombies. There is nothing more righteous that flame roasting a horde of Nazi Zombie scum (then running to the magic random chest in hope of getting the ray gun)!

I thought Black Ops 1 perfected zombies. Black Ops 2 was not as good, just decent. WAW was good, but not as good as BO1.

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
Speaking of Nazi zombies, there was a very interesting (but poorly designed) game for the 360 where the player character could turn into a werewolf for the sake of hunting down zombie Nazis. Dragons and magic were involved as well. Very peculiar.

Indirectllama

Reputable
Feb 19, 2014
Counter Strike: Source I can't even tell you how many hours I spent on that game in Zombie Mod servers. Try as hard as you could to barricade the windows and doors using the crap furniture. It was amazing.

thatcrpcguy

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011
Stupid Zombies (App). I'd let my son play this on long road trips when he as 2 or so (call me father of the year), since it was easy enough for him to point to the phone and shoot. Anytime he won (or lost) he'd shout "It popped off", causing us all to laugh hysterically.

Sep 28, 2013
I love the Zombies from Resident Evil: Code Veronica because those were the first to actually scare me. There is a scene where you pass by a window and you are expecting for something to jump out, but nothing happens. You have to come back down that hallway and as soon as the camera angle changes,,,BAM!! a zombie jumps through the window and scare the crap out of you.

Chris Droste

Honorable
May 29, 2013
Favorite Zombies themselves? the Zombie Nurses in Silent Hill. great concept and nice and creepy. scariest zombie level/event I'm going to agree with many here and go with Half-Life 2: Ravenholm level; that was such a completely unexpected twist in that game i think it changed how i feel about any horror survival game period. best zombie game overall that I've played is still the first Left 4 Dead. that tight four player dynamic and the inclusion of the film grain effects just made this such a wonderful, intense and gritty game that thematically represents the genre so well, it's like the standard was truly set.

Shadeslayer110

Reputable
Mar 13, 2014
I would say the clickers/bloaters from The Last Of Us. They don't really count as zombies, as they aren't the usual zombies, but they have the same characteristic as zombies. They were unique in the way that it was a fungus that was the cause, and how they were attracted to sound only, and couldn't see you no matter what. Also, it took a couple shots to bring them down, and the more the fungus grew, the harder it was to kill.

digerdoo5

Reputable
Sep 28, 2015
The zombie from the resident evil one remake scared the crap of of me. Kill one of them and later on they would turn into really fast zombie, had to use kerosene and fire to kill them before they turned

distortnx

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
Boomer! L4D2 - Just jump on someone and swipe at them until they get frustrated and blow you up in their face. Watch the damage go ding ding ding.

Peter_Tam

Reputable
Oct 19, 2015
I personally like the Gatgantuar from Plants vs Zombies because of the fact that he throws an imp when injured enough and to me, that seems pretty awesome and also, I like how he doesn't actually eat the plants, he destroys them!!!

ninjustin

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013
There are so many different Zombies in Diablo 3. Zombie Dogs, Elemental Zombies, Spells where Zombie arms come out of the ground. I really like those zombies for the way they splatter.

Deadlight has the most bone chilling zombies to me. Some fast, some slow, each one possibly overwhelming. They were dark and creepy in ways I have not experienced in other games. Their simple and never ceasing existence was portrayed in a way that gave you feelings of hopelessness. I would see a horde of them in the background on a freeway and just stop and stare, thinking how I would actually feel if that one day became the life I knew. That is what made them the scariest.

Eduardo_1

Reputable
Oct 5, 2015
not sure if it counts, but modded Left 4 dead with teletubbie zombies. Dark as f*** because they all laugh and try to kill you at the same time. I've seen hell with that mod.
Also i modded the witch to to look like osama bin laden, instead of a scream, he just proclaimed some random arabic words and exploded, killing everyone on the blast radius

kyleireland

Honorable
Nov 20, 2014
I loves the Zombies on Killing floor a lot as the way they attacked and had different personalties.

The zombies on the last of us were pretty good too.

tgsa

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
As many zombie movies/shows as I've watched, I haven't played too many of the zombies games. So if we're going traditional style zombies, I'd probably go with CoD BlOps due to them being traditional herd mentality style zombies. Nontraditionally, I'd go with the Last of Us due to their scary as crap style.

dominyon

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
I like the lame old zombies in Everquest, they make a great sound when you hit them. Kind of a nasty crunch sound. Pure nostalgia here for me.

Zanderif

Reputable
Jul 6, 2015
Counter Strike Zombie mods were the best. Lots of variety. The starting out vastly outnumbering the zombies, and watching as others were progressively turned, leaving you to hope that your hiding place is good enough gives such a great feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.