Tom's Hardware Giveaway - Fallout 4!

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Soedarsono

Reputable
Jun 29, 2015
Well, since my Vault is located in Tropical area, I would assume to gather resources as much as possible and of course, salvaging as much item as possible, while going around, looking for other survivors.

You never know what you'll find, so, you have doing in field survival all the time, because, if you don't, you're a goner

vpetain

Reputable
Nov 8, 2015
Day 1 :
Crawl right back into the vault and cry for a few hours.
Dehydrated from crying. Grab a baseball bat and head out to scavenge for some water.

Day 3 :
Toilet water doesn't taste too bad. Everybody flushed right before the bomb fell for some reason.
Invade empty homes and raid wardrobes.

Day 6 :
Bunch of kids approach me and proceed to steal my sugarbombs.
I try to fend them off with my baseball bat and my space helmet gets ruined in the process.

Day 8 :
Raider encounter. Very cool people. They share iguana sticks and give out a few landmines for the road.

Day 13 :
Set up a camp inside a grocery store. Lots of liquor.

Day 15 :
The same kids from day 6 pay a visit. They proceed to raid my vodka stash.
I try to fend them off with my flamethrower.
Fortunately one of the kids sets off the landmine. They ran off but my lady's nightwear is ruined.

Day 21 :
Hair starts to fall off. Skin gets flaky. Vodka and toilet water is starting to take its toll on my health.
Drag myself outside to search for radaways.

Day 25 :
Came across dead soldiers stripped naked. Next to them were some undetonated mini nukes.

Day 27 :
Empty deathclaw den. Nothing left to scavenge.

Day 30 :
Encountered a squad of kids in power armors nibbling on deatchclaw eggs.
I try to fend them off with my experimental MIRV. One of the kids catches the projectile in his face.
They walk it off as I writhe in pain on the ground, all fours crippled.

Day 41:
Learned that the nuclear apocalypse somehow rendered all children immortal.

Hhondar

Reputable
Jun 29, 2015
As is my practice in these games, I will scout out around the entrance, looking for outcroppings to get a good vantage point. Then I will choose something of interest on the horizon, which might provide some useful advantage in the near future (I am thinking of the raiders stationed on the bridge near the entrance in Fallout 3, one of which had a sniper rifle). After that it will be a hard choice to go in one random direction as far as I can or head into the city itself.

This game is my dream and I just got nerd shivers thinking about it.

If we were playing in VR I would raise my arms above my head and sprint madly about like the kids in Fallout 1. =)

icehowler

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012
I would search the zone with highest radiation level and transform that desolating landscape into RadiaResort. The name stands for a resort where radiation brings happiness instead of sorrow. A resort where you can observe radiation like you observe lions in a zoo! A place where your greatest enemy will come and pay you to have fun and understand how is that even possible...

JetFury

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015
I would immediately go pick up a 2gb vram gpu....man i am so disappointed. Damnit.

If there were only 1gb vram gpus left in the fallout world i would find the nearest abandoned house, and go in the shower in the fetal position while eating cookies and crying. As I am about to do now, excuse me.

cypeq

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
If I would emerge form comfy valut and see the world of fallout wastelands with one meter rats, mutants, robots going rouge, I'd nope the hell back to my valut and obey crazy overseer in whatever he asks of me.

__Miguel_

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2011
Does re-purposing a bunch of Mr. Handy robots to act as defense sentries lurking in the shadows at the main entrance of the vault count?

Though if I have that many available, I might as well just unleash an army of robots and take over the nearest town, not letting anyone escape just so I could stock up on trading materials for a while, before moving on with my army of doom on my wake...

DonnyIII

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015
I would try to find a wifi connection, take a selfie, isnert some cheeky description and post it on Vaultbook.com

Nikita Kress

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015
I am pretty sure I will be in one of those Vaults that had ghouls in them, knowing my luck, so chances are, once I left this vault I would've been shot by some raider or simpleton. Those ghoul-hating freaks!

I will assume it is a serious question even thou I know its not:
First, check if there is anything out there that is even interesting. Are the girls good looking? Is the food any good? Are PCs still the master race?

If none of those questions and similar ones are positive Id probably just start walking until i reached an area untouched by the war, beach if possible.

Darkz0r

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013
Well, considering the immediately part of the quesiton:

-I'd try to establish any sort of communication with the outside world (radio, morse code, etc), to try and find out what happened and if there's any nearby signs of civilization. Seeing as the world is ruined, I'd also go back in and stock up on weapons/food, then slowly map the region around the vault while using it as a base.

Varadha Raju

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013
I will buy a super computer that support the latest GTA (probably GTA 2550):bounce:

And go back to the vault and get prepared for next doomsday.!

Questcraft

Reputable
May 27, 2015
The first thing I will do when I exit the vault will be to try and build a huge settlement and become the overlord of it and the surrounding areas.

Nov 9, 2015
I'd build a massive shrine for tom's hardware in order to express my gratitude for preparing me for the life in the wasteland by gifting me Fallout 4 in this competition, definitely not trying to influence your decision..(although having a shrine even after the apocalypse is a pretty awesome thing). Then considering how lucky I am I'd probably die from an untreated radroach bite or the common flu.

coc0nut

Honorable
Sep 10, 2013
Knowing my luck, I'd emerge from the vault and climb onto the surface, become awe struck taking in the immense devastation and changes wrought by nature and then be eaten by a gru. Because, yeah that's my luck. Survive all that time just to emerge and get eaten.

bwohl

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2008
Gotta love how everything that had value in our society is of little use now. Paintings, gold, jewelry, etc. don't matter when your in survival mode. #1 way to make money in that society? BOOZE
You/I had better find some plant life quick to start your distillery....
Chicks will dig you, guys will want to be you, and the animals - will do what they do...

budabellyx

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
Probably tell my kids to get off their damned tablets and go outside and play. Then, if they return safely, I shall emerge.

Status
Not open for further replies.