Tom's Hardware Giveaway - Fallout 4!

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

duttonta

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2008
The first thing I would do upon emerging from the vault would be to look at the sky, since I'd have never seen it before.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
I'd find myself a nice hole in the ground, find a generator and some fuel, I'd raid the local fry's electronics grab enough computer equipment to power google, get some hot pockets Doritos and mountain dew, pick up a copy of fallout 4, and live out my days. Thats more or less exactly what I do now anyways.

Someone724

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013
Answer: I would find the nearest Wifi connection, go to tomshardware.co.uk and check if there's any updates for my Pip-Boy

Deus Gladiorum

Distinguished
Assuming this is Vault 111 I'm emerging from, I'd start by traveling to Boston University... OR I WOULD IF ONLY BETHESDA HAD DECIDED THAT MY SCHOOL WAS IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO INCLUDE IT IN THE GAME! :'(

Ministratorism

Reputable
Nov 7, 2015
Die....
Okay. Not really original. So considering I survived the nuclear apocalypse, then I am certain I probably wouldn't die. And I am assuming I was sleeping for... 200 years? And I haven't died? Hey, where's my wife and kid? Looking into the future, the possible reality is [rededicated by Bethesda Game Studios].

Oh... hahaha, you want me to be optimistic about being, for some reason, forced outside of my vault? To be honest, I would go right back in, but obviously in this scenario, from cognitive agreement with my own experiences and what would be possible in this universe, and according to 'ol lore: a) my water purification chip is broken or something and I have to go find another, b) my Dad ran away from Mr. Mean Overseer, and, as a dumb teenager, I go looking for him, or c) looking into the future, [rededicated by Bethesda Game Studios].

So, from these situations, I would probably di-... I would probably survive! Not really, but possibly. Considering my options, I would probably need water. Oh, everything is irradiated, you say? Oh, my water chip is broken (or something)? Naysayer, I have a simplified solution: di-..., er, look for other signs of civilization! Considering most vaults were /totally/ not social experiments... and they were near population centers (obviously the entire purpose of the vaults, you see!), they would probably give me food and shelter for these convenient amount of bottle caps I have kept with me my entire life, or they'll kill me.

Hopefully the former!

So, to answer your question, I totally wouldn't die, I would look for water, and, like I said, not die. Later on, I would gather a large amount of military personnel and their families, and bash into a secret government vault.

Oh, you tell me this already happened? And they made a metal band called "Brotherhood of Steel"?
I'm not surprised.

Okay, scratch that, I'll probably join these song writers and they'll certainly have food! Oh, they aren't a metal band? They are iron, er, steel men?
Okay. I see, so obviously /you/ can now see that I am probably going to die. What is there for me to do?

Sounds like I'm only left with one option: get a German shepherd dog, make my trusty floating metal ball sidekick make me some food (because I am hungry!), put on my 111 suit (not in that particular order) and [rededicated by Bethesda Studios].

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012
I'd travel to the sandy beaches of south Manhattan, fall to my knees and yell "You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!".
Then I'd see if I could find some surviving chimps to start a war against.
Finally I'd slap my forehead, telling myself how dumb I've been, when I remember this is another post apocalyptic storyline.

Real Gamer

Reputable
Feb 6, 2015
Take off all my clothes, start shouting "we are going streakiinnggg" and be the first streaker out of the vault ever. Will try to record anyone that happens to see the spectacle.

kireato

Reputable
Jun 23, 2015
After having briefly contemplated my surroundings and verified that I am in no immediate danger, I would check my Pip-boy, immersing myself in the most reassuring element of all: a computer. I would then check my stats, or to be more specific, my Luck stat, and I would find relief in the fact that I am indeed the luckiest I can be. ;)

zxcvgvgv

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2014
I would go back to rural Minnesota and make friends with the six other people who actually enjoy the cold, thus living in perfectly safe isolation with plenty of supplies and minimal imminent radiation since nuking the direct area would be a waste. Plus, corn and soybean stockpiles for life - yay!

cloud6645

Reputable
May 20, 2014
"It's time to kick ass and drink beer... and I'm all outta beer !! " ( Puts on shades ) "Anything that comes at me I'll Nuke 'em 'till they glow, then shoot 'em in the dark!.. " - so begins a hero's journey .

Velswraith

Reputable
May 27, 2015
First thing I'd do...pop open an ice cold Nuka Cola and put a few bullets in some raider heads while singing Fish heads, fish heads, rolly polly fish heads...

Blazer1985

Honorable
May 21, 2012
Ask my clients "so, is the promotional video deadline still valid?".
Check if ppboy has a camera.
Get the job done.
Get payed in soda caps.
SSDD, nothing unusual.

EagerBrad

Reputable
Nov 8, 2015
Personally, I would find the best possible tool for the job of digging a tremendous hole. I would dig this hole non-stop, and when it became big enough, I would sit inside it and cry until I starved/was parched to death.

I'm not a very brave person...

cody_mckee

Reputable
Jun 24, 2015
I would stay at the vault if it wasn't immediately dangerous. You are not going to find a better home base than than the vault. Mabye make some day trips for rations and gear and I would want to try to communicate with some wastelanders.

Status
Not open for further replies.