Tom's Hardware Giveaway - Fallout 4!

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trialbalance

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013
First thing I would find the most recognizable landmark and carve my image into to be remembered for eternity. After that I would create a cult to worship the image and start a religion that feeds off the fears of others.

jimbo4822

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well I would first explore the world created for me to play in, Then i would look for some molerats to make some molerat skewers, oh how i miss them, so tasty! After a while some mereluk stew would be just the thing before bed in my newly built fortified mansion in the wasteland in the shadow of Fenway park!

ucsucks

Reputable
Nov 9, 2015
I would explore the area first and foremost. I would have to check out EVERYTHING and get a lay of the land. Then rip it up!

SLAPAPOW

Reputable
Nov 9, 2015
Since I had spent my entire life underground I would immediately need to find shades before my retinas fried completely... (It would be a rough first day)

I would make my way to the nearest military base and hope some aircraft survived that I crank up and fly...and hope that their fuel and ammo storage depots survived. Then I'd go scouting from overhead for safe zones and map them.

ijkcomputer

Reputable
Nov 9, 2015
Make some friends. Invite them back to my sweet Vault to hang out.

Post-apocalypse games and movies always center on lone survivors, or very small groups; bigger societies almost always turn out to lead to disasters where "the real enemy is EACH OTHER." That makes sense in fiction. Back in reality, it's human connections that let us survive, and in dire circumstances we're actually not all out to kill and eat each other. Build as big and tight a society as you can possibly manage; your new friends will solve your problems a lot better than you could.

rbol250686

Reputable
Oct 6, 2015
Well, if some day i emerge from a vault i think i´ll looking for three things, food, a girl and some fun... but, if i emerge from a vault, its because a cataclism and the thing one and two are dead... DEAD!!! So, after cry, i´ll looking for the thing three, I need to find something to do for waste my last days on Earth and the only thing maybe usefull is a PC... After walk and walk i find it, there´s a game folder in this PC and just like any other gamer, in middle of the extinction, i think why not? I find a "Fallout 4" and some happiness flow in my blood, click on it and wait and wait (because there´s a 5400 rpm in this piece of…) and then "loading game 99%" and black screen, no more energy in the power plant… GOD DAMMIT!!! I go back to my vault, no food, no girl, no game, close it again and cried until the death…

jgbelote

Reputable
May 20, 2015
It depends how long I was down there. Was I born there or went down there because of nukes and came out years later?

If I was born there I'm sure the first thing I'd be doing is coughing/sneezing/dealing with swollen-watery eyes; because my luck - just like in real life - I'd be getting wrecked by terrible allergies. And being in a Vault my whole life where I'm sure the air was filtered and purified, my system would have no idea what that is. In all likelihood I'd be dying of some kind of sickness within a few weeks.

If I was born outside and using the Vault as a shelter, then the first thing I would do is check for a wifi or cellular signal with whatever device I had on me. Let's be honest now. You're stuck in that Vault for however long? First thing you gotta do is use those 140 characters on Twitter and be like: "Just crawled out of Vault(x). Sun is bright yo. Stinks up here. Where my boys at? #hollar #survivor #holocaustaintgotnothingonme #Vault(x)"

** Parenthesis around x for Vault indicates number. Could also be considered to use up to 3 digits in the vault number.

SebastianOrre

Reputable
Jul 14, 2015
Well first I would take a healthy walk close to the vault (who knows how long it's been since we have seen the real world). After this the scavenging will begin, search all things that are close to the vault entrance. Will probably find nothing, have a massive panic attack, realise that all smoking and sitting in front of a computer monitor instead of having a "healthy life" will only lead to my death in this wasteland. Calm down after a while and try to make the best out of the situation. Will try to find food, eat something I shouldn't have eaten, massive stomach ache, diarrhea, slow painful death...
Summary: Try to survive, failure, death.

glez13

Reputable
May 19, 2015
I would open the vault door, and take a look outside. After realizing the dump the outside world is, go back in and shut down the door into my comfy vault. If I ever need something from outside that's what my handy riot shotgun is for.

lilcinw

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
I shuffle out of the vault entrance, eyes scanning around my feet to avoid the overbearing light of the hazy sun. As I stumble along, half blind, my foot catches on something that nearly drops me on my face. Ooohh! A bent tin can? I probably need this. Three more steps. Another tin can? And it isn't even bent? I probably need this too.... Is that? Did I just find? A HAMMER?!?!?!! I am definitely keeping this.

Six minutes later. *You are over encumbered and cannot run.*

(This is not a hypothetical. This is describes my first play-through of Fallout 3 perfectly.)

Bust

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
Make a run for it, find a new civilization to inhabit. Explore the vast wastelands, and depending on what still exists, loot, plunder, raid, and ravage the open the world!!!

Anthony_M

Reputable
Nov 9, 2015
I would immediately begin my quest to locate Asian Triplets in Schoolgirl Uniforms with a penchant for violence. It's a specific kink, but the wife has given me clearance should I find them. Perhaps I need to wait until they release the Fallout: China or Fallout: Japan edition of the game to really have a shot at success though.

Zenuts

Honorable
Jun 5, 2013
I would look around to see if there were any survivors. As I see there wasn't, I would run naked for some time just because. Then I'd probably realize how pointless that was and try to find some food or shelter, maybe a weapon.

jafrugh

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
I would go out and find the closest Starbucks. Being that there are so many around, and caffene can keep you going through anything, that is the best place to stock up..

marek22

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2010
I'd gather some weapons and outdoor supplies and head towards the mountains. There is a lower chance of running into things that want to kill me and I'm comfortable living on my own with minimal supplies. When the next spring comes, I'd head to nearby towns and try to gather whatever supplies I can get and hopefully get a generator up and running for my mountain home.

emccalment

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2012
I mean, I can't be too fancy, I'm a simple guy. It seems that I would immediately have two goals that would go a long way. One is to find some liquor so you can do the rest of your exploring whilst tipsy. Two is to get some variety of firearm for just in case. After that, it's time to just wing it.

woodcockls

Reputable
Oct 22, 2015
Begin the arduous task of hunting down twinkies and enjoying them as I kill zombies with my number 3 apocalypse vehicle and mark zuckerburg.

leadpoop

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010
"All right chums, time's up, let's do this..." "LEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY JEEEEEEENKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINS!!!!"

That is what I would do!

Status
Not open for further replies.