Tom's Hardware Member System Gallery

Page 102 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shadyares

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012

Thanks. The screens are 65'' 1920x1080 at 5760x1080 on ultra I get between 45-70fps average is 50fps with msi afterburner. I did OC them slightly core clock is 1015MHz and memory is 1500MHz.

Thanks moto. I agree it could use some more cablework. But this case is horrible for cable management so Ill need to modify it some how.

That case isn't doing those 7970's any justice. It looks like they have hardly any room to breath especially with all those wires. What are your temps?

Yea it's a bit cramped the max temps they hit was 83c and idle is 53c.

mjmjpfaff

Distinguished

I think that case is the problem, not to bash all of your hard work on it.

nstiver

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012
I bet that whole rig would look a lot better if you got a bigger case. Maybe look isnt the right word -- you might have better airflow if you got a bigger case. Keep in mind I'm a computer noob though.

Not to take away from the rig itself, which is a great computer. Did you do the camo paint and put the window in yourself?

BTW that is the ultimate Gamer Throne you have set up there :)

shadyares

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012

Yea it probably wouldent hurt I have been eyeing the new Corsair Vengeance Series C70. Yes I did do the paint but the window came with the case. I also like your system looks like a great gaming machine.

tjosborne

awesome, like your setup

Thanks.

nstiver

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012
Thanks man, I haven't found a game that it cant crush on 1080 yet. Well, almost--the one game that slows it down is Starcraft 2 at max settings with the AA cranked up in the NVIDIA control center. I think that is only because the game isn't optimized well for high performance GPUs and the game is largely CPU dependent as it is. I suppose sc2 isn't really about the graphics anyway.

shadyares

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012

I don't notice any lag. My center tv's maual says it has a 5ms respons time but I don't know about the outhere 2.

Updated with an EVGA 560ti 448 cores FTW edition....
img36011.jpg

nstiver

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012

I'm jealous of you guys with the GPU's with the cool decals on the side. I wish mine some lettering on the side like "ASUS 670 Pimpster Edition" or whatever it is called. Instead it's blank. I think this is standard on MB's, but the shroud is downward facing on my GPU so I can't see the best looking side of the card.

shakal

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
Here is my rig i just finished today. It took me about a month and put it together and took it apart about 4 times and now i'm finally happy with the result. Also please note this is only my 2nd system i ever built myself and first one was air cooled :)

Full blown spec list:

Case - Corsair 650D Powder Coated Orange with few mods in order to fit 360 and 240Rad.

Motherboard - Asus Sabertooth x79

CPU - Intel Core i7 3930k

GPU - ATI Radeon 7970HD

PSU: XFX PRO850W XXX

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @1600mhZ

HDD: ocZ Vertex 3 120GB and Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black

Asus DVD Drive

All Black Cable Sleeving

Water Cooling:

XSPC Raystorm CPU water Block

Swiftech Komodo Full VGA Waterblock

Danger Den Reservoir

Swiftech MCP655 Variable Speed Pump with full Bitspower mod kit

2x Delta 120x25mm @ 4000RPM

Black Ice GT 240MM Radiator

XSPC RX360Radiator

3 x Scythe Ultra Kaze Fans

A mix of Bitspower and XSPC Compression fittings

Black XSPC Tubing 1/2ID and 3/4OD

White Lighting including NZXT Whiter Sleeved LED Strip and a White Cold Cathode.

Link to a short youtube video i made - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5RIbxeWYuA&feature=plcp

Images

8453aaea.jpg

35eb4add.jpg

b3b9e12c.jpg

6fe31baa.jpg

19eb2d90.jpg

1960d370.jpg

The 3930k at 5ghz was stable on prime 95 for 5 hours with max temps around 85 on the hottest core. But i didn't want to continue as i will never run that cpu at those voltage. Right now i'm running 100% stable at 1.35vcore and 4.6ghz

some screen shots

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/4350102

adfd6852.jpg

624e6abc.jpg

here is a link to a short youtube video i made and towards the middle u turned up all the fans so you can hear how loud it can get (2xdelta 120x25mm and 3 ultra kazes)

nstiver

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012

That build is freakin sick. You guys just keep raising the bar. Great look.

shakal

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
thank for the replies guys! i'm really happy with the system as where it stands right now :bounce:

btw what would be considered as award material?

Less than 2% of cables on view,
exteme stupidity of cable hiding,
like extending a wire two and a half feet just to make sure its invisible,
removing a mobo support screw to feed a Pci slotfans wire through then plugging it in at the rear,
or Having 20+feet of tubing in your case and only 6" being visible :)

I am harsh, but very fair, if its good I make sure you know it
I have laid up lately and handed a few awards out though, check the last four pages or so for some guys who did meet the mark :),
in fact, just read the whole gallery through, I do now and again because we have some talented folks here and some beautiful builds :)
Moto

shakal

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
hmm i see. when i was doing the build i tried simply my best to hide every cable possible but some are unavoidable like sata and power cables. This is only my second build though so for next one maybe a year or two i will try to make it even better. for this one i will add another 7970 in a little bit and maybe rearrange some cables. also i will take out that dvd drive and get an external one maybe turn around the rad on top so even less cables will be visible. other than that maybe maybe few custom plates with some writing or some decals i dont know yet but for the most part this build is pretty much complete :)