Tom's Hardware Member System Gallery

Page 154 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jben04

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2013
Tiny - could i also ask your opinion on this topic also. I also have just the 3 fans ( 1x 140mm on the front,1x120mm on the rear,and the fan on the evo 212).
Also im having my Noctua NF-A14 arriving today, would it be more beneficial to have that on the front under the 140 that is already there,or add it to the top of the case as a exhaust?
I was going to be adding it to the front.

tecmo34

Administrator

It is being deleted for being of topic to posting system pictures. If you have questions on your build or want to discuss your build, it is recommended / required that you start a separate thread for those discussions.

Stickg1- This way is great! Looks cleaner and more neat. Keep it like this. I suggest maybe yellow braided PSU cables? Also, with those 3 HDD's...might want to mount an SSD at the back ;) Other than that, this is beautiful!

Thanks. I have a Crucial M4 256GB mounted to back of the motherboard tray. You can't see it in the pictures. The HDDs are for multi-purpose storage and then one for redundancy on important files.

It's pretty loud if I run the fans full speed. 6x Corsair SP120 High Performance fans are loud at 12v. When I'm at the PC I typically flip them over to 7v and they are very quiet and the difference in cooling performance is slightly worse but very effective. CPU stays under 65C and GPU stays under 50C.

JessePalacio

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
Hi guys. Noob here sharing my mid range rig.

CENTURION. this will be my entry for the 2013 Cooler Master Case Mod Competition. i submitted it, not to compete, but to showcase my build and inspire those who feel that they cannot mod their RIG because they have cheap parts, no money, no sponsors, no tools or what not. all the mods on this build, the decals, the acrylic bends etches and cuts, the paint job and etc.. were all done 100% manually with only a DIY scoring knife a.k.a "thing", some table clamps, a cigar torch and oodles upon oodles of patience, creativity and pure passion and dedication to the art of MODDING.

it's named Centurion because the word is synonymous to Black and White and like a true soldier, with or without armor, it is strong and mighty. a lot of thought went into this build. i wanted it to look beautiful inside and outside, with or without the PSU and 3.5/5.25 side bay covers. i apologize for the horrible pics, i am no photographer. =)

big thanks to Icemodz.com and Mundi Valur, for sponsoring me with his beautiful sleeving work and lighting. thank you also to Kasper Kragh for helping me with the Centurion banner and emblem.

vr8285.jpg

70zyit.jpg

Intel i5 3570k @ 4.5ghz
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Asus DCU2 GTX 660 OC edition
Kingston Hyper X Black @ 2x4gb
Seasonic M12II 750
Corsair H60
Corsair Force GS 128gb SSD / WD 1tb HDD
Corsair AF120mm Fans (x2)
Corsair SP120 Fans (x2)
Cooler Master Silencio 650 (modded)
Bitfenix Recon Fan Controller
ICEMODZ custom sleeving
ICEMODZ custom LED strip with effects remote

Thank you. =)

JessePalacio- You're joking right? Is that really your rig and those pictures? The specs are great ( no big deal like a 4770k and 780ti) but its just the looks and these amazing pictures that are making me skeptical but IM sure its yours as you mentioned ICEMODZ helped you out. amazing. One of the sleekest and hottest looking builds i have ever seen. AND by far THE BEST CABLE MANAGEMENT ...wow...Well done!

JessePalacio

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
hehe. yeah. it's me, and it's mine. im not sure if it's okay to post links to other forums for the build logs. and yes, Icemodz.com has sponsored me in this build, and also on my next project. im very active on their facebook page. thank you for the kind words. i enjoyed building and modding the rig. =)

JessePalacio

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014

I noticed some of the replies were deleted. Sorry, wont happen again. Thank you for the kind words. :)

nutmanmatt

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
Wow I haven't post here in a while but anyway here it goes my newest build (hope I can figure this picture thing out right XD)

scl0.jpg

mgjh.jpg

yggm.jpg

u3h0.jpg

Anyway the case is a NZXT H2 classic
motherboard: biostar TA990FXE
CPU:FX-8320 which will be overclocked once I get new thermal paste and cooled with corsair H70
Ram: cant remember brand just know its blue and doesn't match my red motherboard but its 8 gigs
GPU:MSI 7950 OC which is heavily overclocked.
PSU: OZC 750 watt

I think that's all the important stuff and oh 2 random 500 gig HDD just in case you want to know. My cable management is so and so could probably improve it but I am to lazy lol.

Lutfij

Titan
dopeysaidso - ??

Mirakeldba - You can open a new thread by following the "ask-the-community" area on the top right hand corner under your alias' updates. I mention this since advice on hardware should be among a group of experienced individuals and not just one-track minded opinions. Once you've got a thread up, direct members to that thread via PM or just be patient and watch the answers roll in.

Consider this post for any and all who'd like "advice on their builds" to be a non-aggressive public warning to keep thread on topic! Next time its the ban hammer that comes down.

jben04

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2013
JessePalacio - Love the build,nice and clean,,whats the chance of getting any closer photos?.

nutmanmatt- congrats on having the nuts to install liquid cooling,i cant bring myself to do that yet,,kinda nervous,but it does look good :)
Personally i dont like the big door on the front of the case, it does looks nice and clean, but its not for me.
Im also debating on putting on my Intel ,etc stickers on my case.

JessePalacio

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014

here are the only close ups i have. thank you for asking. cheers!

10xbytz.jpg

2ngv0ix.jpg

307teub.jpg

2cfp8av.jpg

Lutfij

Titan
Mirakledba - You have 1425 posts to date and you don't know that feature...? :pfff:

JessePalacio - You can post a link to your build log/gallery/works, irrespective of where its located. A gallery link would be cool to have to provide inspiration to those thinking of building a rig like yours with budget in mind. If you want you can create a build log on Tom's and direct some of us there to have a discussion on it! :) ... ?

JessePalacio

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014

i apologize if i broke any rules. im really new to using this forum. i will build a gallery and would love to discuss my build there.. which category should i place it on? i tried to look for a few other galleries with "modding" as a subject, but i must have seemed to miss it.

nutmanmatt

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011

Thanks I think it looks better then air coolers I will admit it does scare me a bit as well I am always checking the tubes haha but I got the H70 on sale for only $30 so thought I would give it a try. Yea its not for everyone but my previous build looked like a lightshow so I decided to switch it up a bit.