Tom's Hardware Member System Gallery

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

neograndizer

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010

Just out of curiosity, how is it at handling dust. I've seen this, but I have pets, fur and dust to worry about. It does look nice though. :)

threefourbeast

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011

I've had it now for almost a month and I don't see that it does much worse collecting dust than my old full tower case and this is obviously much easier to clean. I use compressed air and a vacuum at the same time every week and it stays pretty much spotless.

Pets would be an issue if they were climbing through it or something, haha. Otherwise I would not worry about it.

striker410

Distinguished

Is the fan an intake or exhaust?

neograndizer

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
Which is why I never looked at considering the case again. It was very interesting, but definitely not for me. Knowing my luck my pets would have turned it into a very big tribble or worse...

ru_1980

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
Gigabyte GA-790FXTA-UD5
Phenom II x4 955 C3
Sapphire HD6970 (reference design cooler)
Kingston HyperX DDR3 1333 7-7-7-20 @1.7volts KHX1333C7D3K2/4G
2x wd black 640GB and a WD black 320 GB
Antec TPQ-850W,
Coolit ECO ALC (closed loop liquid cooler with dual 120mm's push/pull venting out of case)
Corsair 600T case very nicely Modded (side window mod with 2 filtered 140mm fans blowing in, 1 filtered 140 mm fan added to the bottom of the case blowing in) <---needed these extra fans to get "acceptable to me" positive case pressure
Running windows 7 64 bit

2011-10-03231210.jpg

2011-10-03231233.jpg

2011-10-03231304.jpg

2011-10-03231320.jpg

Don't mind the fan locations....that window I put in is merely bolted on, and I swap out new "plexi" and install the fans in new locations (for testing)....this is the second window I have made for it.

ru_1980

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
very sick build

what kind of oc are you getting on the 955?

right now, 3.7 core, 2400 CPU-NB, 2000 HT and 1333 ram....running prime as we speak.
here is the run down ---> http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/269464-29-overclock-settings-spec

The LED's are white, the blades are blue. Very dull blue/greyish color. Doesn't scream "HERE I AM" when you walk in the room. Xigmatek makes a nice fan. I believe corsair uses xigmatek as their "stock" fans.

ru_1980

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
Atleast you got a system ready to oc the Bulldozer :D

I purchased my 965BE C2 back in 2009, finally got around to overclocking it this year. I just picked up the cheap hyper 212 plus to cool it, got it to 3.7ghz @ 1.475V 2400mhz nb 1.3/1.25 with 56C load in BF3 beta. Can't hit 3.8 or higher because once I hit 1.5V I go to 62C on prime95

Went and purchased a Noctua NH-D14 yesterday, now I am just hoping I will be able to get closer to 1.55V so I can try to get 4.0ghz. Hopefully I can lol, but most likely I will hit more like 3.8ghz @ 1.52V I hope.

I was going to go with a wcing kit but I figure the D14 along with the T1 compound will get me great temps and fill up more space in my case to help with overall airflow.

Will have picks of my rig updated soon enough, recent pics are a page or two back.

Main reason I am going for the highest oc I can is because I need to give my dual 6950 2GB gpus enough power as possible.

I plan on using the Noctua to oc my quad BD I want to purchase come next year, then I will move onto my first wcing attempt ^_^

What games do you play?

Basically the same. BFBC2, BF3 (beta so far), Far Cry, Trying EVE online again, Left for dead, borderlands, duke...etc...LOL SID MEIERS RAILROADS! heh. sounds like you got a sweet rig happening there. I just downclocked mine to 3.6 and 1.40 volts for the time being. Was trying 3.716 at 1.44 and crashed 2 hours into prime 95. It is very warm in my apartment...probably close to 24-25C....case was showing 26 as inlet temps...could be my problem. Small apartment and this computer heats it nicely...LOL

Let me know how you do going for 4.0GHz...I am sure that will run your dual GFX like a champ! What res/monitor setup you running? I have a dual monitor set-up 21.6" 1600X1050 and a 24" 1920X1080, the second monitor is just so I can see skype, steam friends, sys temps, etc...The 6970 runs like a champ on this rig....

max8550

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011
I saw the new Thermaltake level 10GT case the other day and said, what the heck, let's rework my gaming rig (my older rig will be for sale.) I generally stink at build posts, but wanted to make an attempt.

While I am not going for all out performance, I wanted a blend of the best I could get across the board. In other words, I needed to spread the cash around the best I could, but still get a hot rig together. Please don't post "you should have done X here or Y there" those comments are really not helpful after the fact! I know I could do better in several areas - again it's about trying to get a little of everything in here. Let's start with the components:

Case: Thermaltake Level 10GT I went black since white seemed too Japanese Anime for my tastes and would look a bit odd in my home office. Although this is a bit out there by itself, especially compared to the monster rectangle that is the Corsair 800d (my current case.)

case.jpg

CPU/Motherboard: Intel i5 2500k and Asus P8P67 Deluxe I know the i7 2600k is a bit quicker with HT, but again I want a little of everything in this build (plus I can get 4.7 easy as I soon found out.)

Memory: Corsair Dominator GT 8gig

Hard Drive: OCZ Agility 3 Not the Vertigo drive, but at 240 gig I am happy. Also have a couple of WD Caviar Black 1tb drives I will take from my current rig for storage.

Video Cards: 2 x EVGA 560. Again, there will be some who say "Dude, why?" Well mainly because I wanted to run SLI, I didn't want to spend more than $400 to do it, and I figured I could wait until we get that shiny new tech (Kepler) next year and see what's what then.

Power Supply: Corsair Gold Series AX1200. Went over the top since I plan on upgrading the video cards next year. Although I estimate my power draw at max to be close to 1000 so this seemed healthy enough!

Cooling: Went Koolance, again opinions are like . . . well we all know the rest. Reason being is the CPU 370 is the dog's bollocks and I wanted it all to match (shoes to purse kind of thing I know.)

Video Cards - Koolance GPU 220

Memory - Koolance RAM-33 Not necessary, but looks, um, cool.

Radiators - 1 x 240 Black Ice (blue) Will cool CPU and memory (fantastic job of it too.) 1 x 120 Black Ice (blue) Cools GPUs only. Now I thought this may be a bit light for two cards, but under load it seems to be fine for now. I may need to go 240, but haven't completely got this together so not sure.

Connectors: Running all black Koolance compression, disconnects, and tank/pumps.
Tubing: White and Blue UV tubing.
Fans: 2 x Noiseblocker NB-Multiframe M12-P 120mmx25mm Ultra Silent and 1 x BitFenix Spectre All White 120mm

The case has 2 200mm fans in it and I modded it out to add the one 140mm that came with it at the CPU exhaust (pics below.)
TIM: Indigo Xtreme

Other: Using a UV cathode, blue LED run, cable sleeving, blu-ray DVD, mini card reader, and an[strike] Aerocool X pane[/strike]l. (The Aerocool took a dump while I was sleeving it - using a different fan/temp controller.) I may be missing some stuff, but I think I got all the important bits.

Here are a few mid-build pictures. Actually, this is mid-water build and my current state of progress. I couldn't wait for all the bits to come in so I ran it on air at first to see what I could get - and 4.7 stable through the ASUS program was sweet. Ran torture on it for 24 hours with no problems and the heat wasn't that bad either. Once I have this together I will re-run the overclock and do it for memory as well. Should be plenty quick for my needs. Waiting on a few more connectors and some colored sleeving (should be in mid-week) and then I can finalize the box and fire her up!

Sorry about the pic quality - from my phone since I didn't have a decent camera on hand this afternoon.

IMG_0799.JPG

IMG_0800.JPG

IMG_0798.JPG

IMG_0801.JPG

BUILD LOG CAN BE FOUND HERE IF REALLY INTERESTED!

cmcghee358

Distinguished
How do you like the 600T, there is one on craigslist here for $50 and I'm VERY TEMPTED.

Well actually the guy isn't answering his email, which he needs to so I can buy it.

ru_1980

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010

LOVE this case. Cable management is VERY user friendly. The case is very "FAT" which leaves a tonne of room behind the motherboard tray for cables to be tucked and not cause a side panel issue. The only real downfall to the case is that ventilation is a little on the poor side. 1 filtered 200mm fan intake at front, one 200mm top exhaust and one 120mm rear exhaust. I found with a PSU like the antec, which pull air from inside the case, not on the bottom, the rear venting video card, and the rear case fan/liquid cooler rad, there is a large negitive pressure in the case. Due to the dust/cat hair in our apartment I needed to add fans to get slightly better air flow and to have a slight positive pressure in the case. I think if you were going to go with this case, flip the rear 120mm fan to blow in. Will make up for PSU's/Vid card/ and the non restricted 200mm fan airflow.

Other than that, well built. If ya like I can post up more pic's of various features, although there are a few sites that have reviews on this case.

ru_1980

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
I have a Jackson Supercharger kit for my new H22.
Right now I have the F22 but it is tricked out with bigger cams and the whole deal...
Straight pipe and (this one is automatic) and I also added a higher stall torque converter
and a Jasper Stage 1 tranny.... :sol:

no to megasquirt, never heard of it..

That thing sounds sweet man, I never was much of a honda guy, but damn man...megasquirt is a stand-alone fuel management computer than you can "build and tune" yourself. I have done 3 so far.

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008

No, It's a XSPC inside the case and the magicool Ultra Rad outside and yes I will be getting another RAD from Swiftech soon and I am going to test and included that one to the system because I am going to be upgrade the video card to a 580 or wait until Nvidia and AMD release they new cards for 2012

Lutfij

Titan
I'm sitting where you are now...i wait for previews, reviews and tests...then check the forums/threads for any hickups with the boards :) ... but I am being tempted to get me that gene-z board with a TJ08-E case.

* please don't double post bro - edit your previous or ongoing comments and notify via PM...saves thread space and makes it look clean :)