Tom's Hardware Member System Gallery

Page 53 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011

Actually, I bought some right angles, just haven't put them in yet. Not looking forward to rebuilding the cooling system, need to get some more hose, and another danger den block (originally thought the two cards would line up but they didn't so I improvised), was waiting until I have enough money. Actually I want to rebuild the whole thing, do a complete tear down, and get the inside of the case powder coated, but thinking i'm going to wait, cuz I want to upgrade to nvidia gtx 680 (690?) when they finally arrive. Got lots of plans, just not the money right now. Had to use my taxes to buy the two new monitors (bought the middle one last year).

Actually the room is kinda small 12' x 12. I think, just looks big in the video cuz the way I have it setup. The monitors wouldn't fit on my glass desk's, so I stole my wifes folding table she used to do laundry. Now she wants to buy me a desk.. Think she wants it back lol... ;) :D

Our rooms 5"4 x 9 feet, and theres two desks/Pc's set up :p
nice to hear you have the R.a. barbs ready, I know how you mean about plans and the folding stuff not quite meeting though :p
give me an unlimited budget and I'll show you a mod....
hehe
Moto

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011

LOL, yeah, same here.. If I had unlimited money my house would look like the inside of an alien ship.. I'd never stop building stuff. It'd look like the matrix in there. I'd probably have robots and *** walking around in there and you'd just see me like a mad scientist always building stuff, modding, hair like einstein, laughing for no reason, talking in code and riddles, probably be wearing pajama's and eating cold pizza.. sorry, getting carried away.. :bounce:

tjosborne

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
you guys are all crazy, lol. nice setup though, does the 3d make a huge difference in gaming, and if so is it worth the extra money? and does it take more processing power to run games in 3d? just wondering because of the huge difference in monitor prices. im slightly considering nvidia surround with 3d but im also thinking for the price i could get 2 590s and 2 more regular monitors. also how many games support 3d? sorry for all the questions, im just curious

cmcghee358

Distinguished
3d is much harder on graphics cards, as they have to render each image double.

3d effectively halves your FPS, therefore you need hardware to push FPS twice what you'd want.

From what I can tell, some games have native support for 3d, but most of the time the nVidia drivers can upconvert a 2d game into 3d without much issue.

cmcghee358

Distinguished
Ha hi Mal! Uh I've been doing alot of studying for E-7, also doing work where a computer isn't available.

Furthermore I've become in engrossed in the tarantula hobby so been over on another forum. Kinda weird to be on a forum where I generally don't know what I'm talking about. Reminds me of toms like 3 years ago

tjosborne

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011

thanks, i guess ill stick with normal monitors then.

tjosborne

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011

oh, it makes sence, but going from one to three monitors already has me worried enough performance wise. if it takes that big a performance hit and one 3d monitor is triple price of a 2d monitor, im definitely ok at this point. maybe in a few years, but i doubt it unless its a nessesary feature in evey game.

cmcghee358

Distinguished
Unfortunately there aren't alot of 5760x1080 benchies. So I kind of extrapolate based on 2560x1600

2560x1600=4,096,000

5760x1080=6,220,800

So if 2 570s are getting 45 FPS @ 2560x1600 I assume 5760x1080 will get around 30 FPS.

I think I've beaten this dead horse enough now, back to your regularly scheduled thread.

RussK1

Splendid

Nice Saint!

The HX series are proper... I'm actually quite surprised how well my 1050 is holding up considering all that it's powering... The Ax1200 or XFX pro-series 1250 would be next on the block if I start drawing too much power...

DSCN2508.jpg

The 12v & 5v rail doesn't drop much under load and 3.3v stays within a tolerance of 1.5%...

955 @ 3.6 Stock voltage, CM V8, MSI 790FX-GD70, Diamond 5850, WD Velociraptor 300GB, CM Silent Pro 700w, 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600 yeah that's about it?

Next step is waiting for the 7870 and 7850 to release and drop price a little before I upgrade.

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011

Very true, i've actually had to turn down the settings in BF3 to run 30fps minimum @ 5760 x 1200. Get about 50 fps average 64 multiplayer map. So I'm thinking if I overclock, I think I could probably push the xtra FPS to be able to do 3D.

Most games actually run decent in surround mode. One note, most of the official benchmarks released are before drivers were optimized for surround mode. Haven't been able to find any official benchmarks with 270.51 or up drivers, which are supposed to give a huge increase in performance when in 3D, or 2D surround vision.

http://www.geforce.com/News/articles/r270-driver/

2703DVisionPerformance.png

Need an updated review on 3D surround gaming. :D

Can't believe it's time to upgrade already.. :D Hopefully nvidia releases there new series soon.

Finished this last autumn, but haven't cleaned up the photos until recently.

Specs:
i7-2600K CPU
ASRock Extreme4 Gen3
8GB G Skills Ripjaws X 1600 CAS8 RAM
Xigmatek Gaia CPU Cooler
Sapphire HD 6870 GPU
Crucial M4 128GB SSD
Hitachi 5k3000 2TB HDD
ASUS DRW-24B1ST DVD-RW
FSP Aurum 700W PSU
SilverStone Raven RV03
Scythe Slipstream 120mm Fan x 3 ( two on CPU cooler, one as top exhaust. )

This cable management in this case is phenomenal. Airflow is superb. And I rather like having the I/O panel on top. The power cable underneath is a bit odd.

I'm not much for case windows, but, meh, it looks good.

Some people complain about the dust gold accents, but I rather like them