Tom's Hardware Member System Gallery

Page 54 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
/Doom voice effect.

I Have Spoken!!!
Main points are the slack on the Psu cable, you can feed that through a bit more
And the fan wire over the hs, redo and feed them under/out of sight
Theres a couple at the top right of the mobo that would benefit from a little black fabric tape and then tuck those sata/molex's into the drivebay,
Visible wires are evil, never forget that people, never.
:p
Moto

Truth be told, the wire over the cooler was intentional ( it is quite snug. ) The pins are under the bottom right corner of the bottom fan and I didn't want the wire to come anywhere close to the VRM heatsink.

The rest, well . . .

wodewick

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
Hello chaps and chapesses.

No pictures yet, just putting finishing touches on my new build and thought I'ld say hello. It's been a while since i built a PC (around 7 years), so it's safe to say that much of the tech has passed me by and im having to learn from scratch (well kind of) again.

I'll post a photo over the next couple of days then you can all laugh at me on the OC forum, as i bombard everyone with questions :pt1cable:

MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth P67
CPU: i7 2600k 3.4ghz
GPU: Radeon 7950 3GB OC
RAM: Kingston 16 GB DDR3 (4x4)
Power Supply: Silverstone 1500W ST
Cooling: Corsair H80
Storage: 256gb SSD
Storage 2: 1TB SATA @ 7200
Monitor: LG2342P LED 3D

gcmartini

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
Geez. You guys have sweet builds. Upgrade and Az and Jaron, man, I really have nothing to say. Just great job, haha.
My build looks like a pile of horse dung compared to your guys'. Any ways, here goes nothin'!

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

Don't bother me about my atrocious cable management. I know I know it's bad for the 600T, but my PSU is full of mulexs.

IMG_0538.jpg

Yea, thats all it is. Macs 09' and is used for editing short films and Photoshop.

Specs:
i5 2500k @ 3.3GHz Going to overclock soon to 4
Corsair H60
Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600MHz
Geforce GTX 550Ti
Corsair TX 650 PSU
1x Seagate 500GB Caviar Black 7200RPM 32MB cache and 1x 250GB HDD
Win7 Ultimate 64x
Cheap samsung burner

and YES, the white leds are ugly, but they get the job done.

Images corrected by Moderator

gcmartini

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
Thanks errbody. 550 is temporary until I can afford the 580. This is what I started off with, and it's actually a decent card. Thanks moderator for fixing the pictures. Nvidia is the way to go...

Haha, I hope not. The Red team still has the 7850 and 7870 which is what I'm going for. Looking at the 7770 though, I'm a little disappointed. Definitely not with the performance of the 7970 or 7950 though.

Mal, I do support the Blue team when it comes to chips, hopefully that'll change though I really do want AMD to start producing some chips that challenge at a price point. Currently... None do though.

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011

Hey man, ur setup is fine, I think it's great. It looks like you know what your doing, decent build quality, good quality components. I'm sure if you had the money in the bank right now, you're system would be sick as hell. I don't know about other people, but this took me years to save up enough money to get my setup the way it is now. Just save the money, and spend wisely thats all. Every year round tax time and my Birthday I upgrade a lil bit here, and a lil bit there. Besides, if it works, and your happy with it, who really cares?
:D

@Gcmartini,

I am the Cable management monster here its true, but I have been quite chilled out lately (busy starting to write up a guide for it :p)
I can offer some advice if you wanted to tidy them up, but only if you want,
as part of my therapy the doctors made me come to terms with the fact that some folks are content as is, and do not require (or want) my guidance hehe
:p
Moto

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
no, the GTX 670 and GTX 680, GTX 690 are all still coming..
I found one more since I'm updating the Kepler thread with it:

http://pixelsmashers.com/?p=13489
If these rumored specs are true, Nvidia fans are in for a real treat in the next few months. According to the charts below from lenzfire.com, there will be a GTX 680 sporting a massive 1024 stream processors and priced at a whopping $650. The card is expected to perform 45% better than the current HD 7970, which gives Nvidia the top spot in single card GPU performance.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m529/malmental/gtx-6-series.jpg

Additionally down the line, there are plans for a GTX 690 dual GPU solution that packs 2048 stream processors in total. As you may have already expected, the price on that one is also insane. However, the good news is that cheaper alternatives such as the GTX 670 and GTX 660 Ti are set to beat AMD’s offerings at a lower price. As a result, AMD will most likely drop their prices to counter act this move by Nvidia.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m529/malmental/gtx-6-series-2.jpg

f these specs are in fact valid, then the next few months could be quite interesting for both sides of the camp. Hopefully, this will generate some action to lower prices and in the end the consumer wins. So, don’t forget to grab some popcorn while you sit back and wait.

Awesome!! Can't wait, ready to sell of my gtx 480's and go to the six series. Hopefully they come standard with 3gb vram this round. Can't wait till there out and see the new benchmarks. :bounce: