Tom's Hardware Member System Gallery

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

serj1

Distinguished
May 19, 2011
My first build.

photo2-1.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

i5 2500K
MSI P67A-G43 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67
Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel
HIS H467QR1GH Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
2TB Hatachi HD
1 x CORSAIR XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner
2 x Acer S231HLbid Black 23

serj1

Distinguished
May 19, 2011
Thanks.

I got 750W because I will get better Video card in future and I thought it would be nice to have bigger PSU for future upgrades. Is 750w really that big over kill?

Your build max would need a 500w. Even a 430CX would work for your build.
If you only are going to need a single card, a 600w would work for almost any card except maybe the 580/6990/590. But yeah 750w is good for a dual card setup.

mlcaouette

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011

I totally agree with the paint idea, thanks. All black interior/exterior (with minimal lights) is what I originally wanted but I was getting too impatient and wanted to complete the build. I might even carefully paint the HDD and the CD/DVD burner just to take it a little further. Another thing which kinda bugs me, is the graphics card has a dark blue PCB :( but I can't have everything I want lol.

Thats where the after the fact details catch you out lol :)
if everything else in there is black, it shouldn't stand out too much though
if you paint your drives, mask over the front panel unless your painting that too and the connector slots :)
dont want paint getting in there man,
@Serj1.... Aaargh!!! Cables! make them go away hehehe! :p
Moto

Lutfij

Titan
@ serj - flip the psu so the fan is facing the bottom. That way you have the cables going more fluently to the back of the mobo tray - like i said before a bag of cable ties will do you wonders! That 4670 is a beefy HTPC card bro - but a handicaped biker in terms of a gaming card. In fact, swap it for a 5770 (or a Galaxy GTX 550Ti white) :p ofcourse you can get the white LTD 560Ti version

FYI - if your in europe look it up on KFA2's site

Lutfij

Titan
^ don't tell me your a handicapped biker? - now i feel like I'm ben stiller caught in a fight only cos of setting an example :lol: hang on - you don't even own a bike!!! You own 20 6990...i can only assume you drink chilled distilled water during fine dinning sessions! :lol:

Handicapped bikers? I'm a bit lost on that one...

serj1

Distinguished
May 19, 2011
Thanks guys for the comments.

@lutfij - if is flip the psu and make the fan face bottom wouldn't that screw up air flow? just wondering. About 4670 card, I got that card because it was cheap and I didn't have more $ to get better one.
I build this computer for currency trading not video games. I do play COD sometimes and so far its not bad. Once I get some $$ saved up I will get something better.

I have a bag of cable ties and I'll working on it today :)

I don't live in Europe ( I was born there) I live in US.

Lutfij

Titan
Oh currency trading...anywho - the GTX 550Ti is still a good all round card (for ANY game) :)

Like Boiler mentioned - the PSU will be able to suck air into the unit from the outside - so its fresh cool air. * I read in a thread here on tom's a few years ago - that the placement of the psu affects the temps of your GPU and mobo. So if you flip the psu with the fan facing down, the psu air is isolated. Note - hot air rises. This way your thermal management is better :)

@ Boiler1990 - Its just a silly joke i picked up from another silly program. Handicapped biker - biker incapable of riding a bike cos of an accident - in essence, "he's crippled".

tecmo34

Administrator

How is it going to get air when the Antec 300 doesn't have bottom vents for air flow to the PSU or has Antec finally update their cases to provide some??

Wow, missed a lot of posts lol,
@ lutfij, Heres my Baby, 1982 VF750 Magna chop next to my Gf's lil 125
22102009061.jpg

not handicapped personally, but I know a lot of bikers who are,
and The N.A.B.D. over here do a lot to help keep em riding, modifying bikes etc,
Moto

Lutfij

Titan
Ah no wonder you reacted that way - OI bro - according to techmo's your breaking the rules :/ - anwho - i have a ban with bikes. I can drive but dont like to drive - have a Toyota Carina Ti - my lil bro drives it :) i sit and pay attetntion to my thinking :D

ahem - does that chopper transform into anything :D

tecmo34

Administrator
No harm No foul for a fellow "Brown Coat"!

Let's just try and keep the topic / images on our system builds! Speaking of that... Moto.. Where are the images of your case mod you showed once in the CPU section?? I think I had a sword going through it, if memory serves me right :)