Tom's Hardware Member System Gallery

Page 203 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ilukey77

Reputable
Jan 30, 2021
oLTlLgL.jpeg
fW0wDDS.jpeg

Just finished my All intel build today ..

Its running a Asus Rog Strix b760i gaming wifi ITX board ,14600kf , Noctua NH-U12A Chromax black cooler with the added heatsink cover, Gkill z5 neo rgb 6400 cl32 for intel XMP , Intel ARC 770 16gb limited edition ,1 Noctua 140mm 3000rpm top front fan with the duct the bottom front is a Lian li 140mm ( both 140s are connected to separate fan headers ) and a Noctua 120mm fan at the rear
( split with the two cpu cooler fans ) a Rog thor 850w PSU and blue cables in a fractal define 7 nano ..
( being as its just a fun build a 1tb 980pro m.2 ssd )

The Noctua in cinebench r23 is only just keeping the stock14600kf cool its hitting 88c to 100c over all cores but not thermal throttling ( im in a hotter climate though) but WOW am i impressed with cinebench R23 score 22k vs 17k with my 7800x3d ( cache will win in the end with some games ) but call me impressed

Ive been planning this build for over a year waiting for the 13600k to come down in price when i could get a 14600kf for $400aud i was sold and had the rest of the parts waiting and here it is !!

Sadly this will be my last build for some time .. next will be a upgrade on my main !!
any questions please ask about this build or any of my builds posted on page 199 of this thread

Last edited:

cigaro

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2012
Lian Li Project Zero build in Corsair 6500x Case.

c1idTMG.jpeg

gDD1Euj.jpeg

xhUF7Ap.jpeg

JEiI9vV.jpeg

Finally finalized my newest build. I went through a lot of permeations with this one, eventually settling on doing my first ever all white build. I really love it.

Specs:
i7-14700K
Asus ROG Strix 4080 Super
32GB Corsair Dominator Titanium 6600MHz
MSI Z790 Project Zero Motherboard
Lian Li Galahad II LCD Infinity AIO
Bottom Intake: Lian Li Infinity Reverse 140mm x 3
Side Intake: Lian Li Infinity Reverse 120mm x 3
Corsair RM1000x Power Supply
4TB WD SN850X NVME
Corsair 6500x MT Case
Corsair K65 Plus Wireless
Razer Viper V3 Pro Wireless Mouse

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
No Idea when I last posted in here but since PC only has 3 original parts left in it, and I don't see any of my posts in here this year... it must have been a while ago. Before or during the changes.

I notice a Blue trend in here and alas, I am not going to help change that.
h5Hg18w.jpg

Think I have used every color scheme now, except Purple and Rainbow Kaleidoscope colors

Only original parts from 2020 build are:
  • Motherboard
  • Ram
  • Boot drive
  • Case itself.
Not replacing anything else now unless I have to.

Reactions: artk2219
There has literally been only about two systems posted here in the last two years that were even worth looking at and saying "dang, that is some cool stuff". The rest has been just regular upgrades. Maybe time to retire the thread OR impose some more stringent guidelines for posting to THIS thread.

I am rarely a party pooper, but honestly? I don't want to see every single incremental upgrade. That is NOT what this thread was created for.

Last edited:

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
There has literally been only about two systems posted here in the last two years that were even worth looking at and saying "dang, that is some cool stuff". The rest has been just regular upgrades. Maybe time to retire the thread OR impose some more stringent guidelines for posting to THIS thread.

I am rarely a party pooper, but honestly? I don't want to see ever incremental upgrade. That is NOT what this thread was created for.
I think you're the one that is lost. It says;
"Member System Gallery"

The OP doesn't stipulate that you have to have a liquid nitrogen cooled Dark Souls Themed PC that zaps your jellybean bag with electricity IRL every time your character takes a hit.

Do we need every little upgrade posted? No. But the type of system shouldn't matter when it comes to flashy-ness or component rank. Its someone's PC and they are proud of what they've bought, built and accomplished. Not everyone has mommy and daddy to buy them high end parts to make a cyberrave Unicorn Puke PC.

The premise was/is simple, share your system. Go look at the first few posts, pictures of rats nest and pluming nightmare PCs by today's standards but that doesn't make them any less special to those that owned them.

There's the age old rule on the internet, if things are a certain way and you don't like it, simply don't go there and move along.

Last edited:
Reactions: bit_user
That's your opinion. And you're welcome to it. Personally, I don't agree. This thread was not meant for reposting your system every time you change your RGB settings or blow the dust out. It just isn't. Period. And yes, I agree that any TYPE of system should be welcome here if somebody feels inclined to share it or is feeling proud of some upgrade or modification they've done. Totally not in disagreement with that.

But, same system, and new post for "look, I got red SATA cables now instead of black"? NFW. Now, if it was, look, swapped all the original cables out for new custom cables" or even like custom extensions or something? Sure. That's a substantial enough change.

But, well, also, your "move along" rule kind of goes both ways. But, whatever. My opinion is just as welcome here as yours. Same as everybody else's, unless of course your personally attacking somebody, which, your post would certainly seem to qualify for.

bit_user

Titan
Ambassador
But, same system, and new post for "look, I got red SATA cables now instead of black"? NFW.
Yeah, people could really just edit their post, for something like that. If they really think the change was an improvement, there's no reason to keep the old images up. If not, then why bother?

I kind of see your point that it'd be nice if the thread wasn't so burdened by low-value posts that someone could reasonably browse through it to get some interesting ideas. It's just hard to police that sort of thing, IMO. I'm not sure the existing forum software really has the appropriate tools for it.

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
That's your opinion. And you're welcome to it. Personally, I don't agree. This thread was not meant for reposting your system every time you change your RGB settings or blow the dust out. It just isn't. Period. And yes, I agree that any TYPE of system should be welcome here if somebody feels inclined to share it or is feeling proud of some upgrade or modification they've done. Totally not in disagreement with that.

But, same system, and new post for "look, I got red SATA cables now instead of black"? NFW. Now, if it was, look, swapped all the original cables out for new custom cables" or even like custom extensions or something? Sure. That's a substantial enough change.

But, well, also, your "move along" rule kind of goes both ways. But, whatever. My opinion is just as welcome here as yours. Same as everybody else's, unless of course your personally attacking somebody, which, your post would certainly seem to qualify for.
I'm not the one with the issue with the thread so the move along doesn't apply.

However let's leave on positive neutral terms.

We both agree that minor things like changing cable colors or RGB color is neither relevant or needed and indeed not what this thread is about. It's share your system and post a new Pic when something significant visually has changed.

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
Yeah, people could really just edit their post, for something like that. If they really think the change was an improvement, there's no reason to keep the old images up. If not, then why bother?

I kind of see your point that it'd be nice if the thread wasn't so burdened by low-value posts that someone could reasonably browse through it to get some interesting ideas. It's just hard to police that sort of thing, IMO. I'm not sure the existing forum software really has the appropriate tools for it.
The ideal way and I dont think Xenforo can do it without major modification, if a user posts an image more than once, it gets appended to the original post and bumped forward. That's more work than it's worth though and a simple rule update would be more effective.

Reactions: artk2219

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
My entire point.
Thats not what you said initially. You said people only posted 1 or 2 things worth looking at. What's worth looking at is subjective.

Either way, if an active mod or whoever the admin is here (don't know if I've ever seen them) wants to set forth new rules that are a bit more strict I'm all for it within reason.

Got my PSVR2 with the PC adapter. Changed the stock headband and cushions to the Globular cluster CMP2. Still struggling to set up key binds for my un supported Skyrim VR :(

Changed my PC case to a Lian Li A3. I can now appreciate the value of custom sleeved cables! It was a night mare to cable tie the 24 pin and EPS cables. To make matters worse, the front panel USB 3.2 header is right in front of the CPU cooler and beneath the side intake. It is not a slim cable like a fan header. The PSU extension cable at the top is again squished and wound up tight! Kinda worried but I guess Lian Li tested their cable design for this scenario?

The case compatibility is indeed very strong with this one. It has room for a 360 AIO at the top. More cable management space for me i guess, tying down the unused ARGB cables from my cooler. My last case was tight with GPU clearances, with case, can go for a 4090 ez. But you definitely need a SFX PSU with sleeved cables to manage the mess if you choose to do so. There was just enough space to install the side 120mm fan between the cooler and the PSU.

New additions: Arctic P12 slim 2x fans at the bottom for GPU air intake.

l9NHDXu.jpeg

bF805Rr.jpeg

K4UKJoe.jpeg