Tom's Hardware Superposition Benchmark Thread

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015

Flashing a Pascal BIOS from one model card to another is 100% safe - the only way you can wux it up is if you're a total idiot.

I've tried 10 different BIOSes on my 1070 and all of them have worked fine. I modded my Quadro 4000's BIOS because the fan was stuck on 50% minimum and it's kind of annoying.

Read the comments on this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/7rv40f/pny_gtx_1070_xlr8_successfully_crossflashed_with/

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Hi and Welcome to Tom's have you ever spent ANY time on this forum? :D

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015

Oh I get it hahahaha

Yeah, been here since like 2008 (lost the password to my old account). Speaking of, maybe since you're a moderator you can help me with that.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Wish I could but unfortunately the only way to recover that is if you do the forgot password link, barring that the account is lost.

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015

Well the GMail account associated with the TH account has actually be deleted and there's no way to recover a GMail past 30 days. It's been deleted since 2013.

I can think of a few passwords that may be similar but I just tried a few times and none of them worked.

[strike]OpenGL or DX?[/strike] never mind found out....

I think i nailed this one :)

Superposition_Benchmark_v1_0_1530_1519051982.png

1973?1971? Core and max memory (core was 1981 but drops).

Can someone check 1050Ti score on this page 1080P extreme
https://benchmark.unigine.com/leaderboards/superposition/1.0/1080p-extreme/single-gpu/page-1

Because for me it won't load, somewhat bug.

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015

Yeah it's bugged for me too, I heard they were cleaning the tables of faked results for all of their benchmarks.

Table will be updated soon.

Thank you :)

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015

If you can get a 1050 Ti FTW for a decent price they have the best cooling and are amazing overclockers, they also have a six-pin for additional power. I got my SSC and my FTW to 2076 and 2155MHz respectively.

Well MSI has 6pin for additional power, temps are under 45*C as you may see, on full load.
Ill just wait for bios mod.

Did you test the Superposition benchmark?

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015

Yeah, mine got upper 1400s. I don't have it anymore, hence why I haven't added it, and the mining craze has prevented me from getting one for MSRP.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador

Actually, no.

Reason why there are so few GPU bench scores in the Superposition leaderboard is because to submit your score to the leaderboard, you have to buy the Advanced version of the Unigine Superposition. The Basic version that can be downloaded for free doesn't support leaderboard submissions.

While i also would love submitting my bench scores to the leaderboard, i'm not too keen paying out $19.95 do be able to do that. It's a bit sad to see leaderboard submissions monetized but i guess Unigine needs to make money somehow.

If you want to compare your GPU performance worldwide, you can use UserBenchmark site where submitting the "score" is totally free,
link: http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Software
GTX 1050 Ti @ UserBenchmark: http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti/Rating/3649

I've submitted several of my runs at the UserBenchmark site to compare how well my tweaks have affected the overall performance of my PC.

I'm in odd place with monitors at the moment. My 1080 Ti occasionally decides to play dead but not really, wait what? A game can have over 60FPS but my GPU load is at 0% but the core clock is at 2000MHz, from 1569. A driver reinstall is necessary at that point. On a 60FPS monitor I am none the wiser if I don't have a monitor's OSD and its displayed info. Well maybe it's your monitoring software. Try another. Goodbye MSI AB, Hello EVGA Precision XOC! Still at zero... Let's try UserBenchmark.
1080_Ti_performance.png
is what it tells me. After a driver reinstall
after.png
things change. While they tell me something is not right they can't yet diagnose what.

Okay challenge accepted :)

Here it is http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/7436461#GRAPHICS_CARD

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015

Hahaha, 100th percentile, and the first notch on the chart...

First time im first in something :) :bounce:

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015

I'm usually second when coming in things... :love:

There's an application called HyperSLI and there another called DifferentSLIAuto...Get another 1050Ti and see if you can SLI them through those! Someone SLI'd the GT740 with it so why not 1050Tis or 1060s?

I can tell you one thing, im student,soo i don't have any money currently, neither am i planning to buy another 1050Ti,nor any of my friends have modern gpu (lolz) im going for 980Ti (if the price comes down) cause im selling this rig this summer.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador

If you want help to fix your problem then you'll be much better off by making a separate topic here in the forums. This topic here isn't the right place where to discuss your matter.

Not bad. Though, out of the 3 runs you made lately, one of them was at 2nd percentile and another at 5th percentile. What's up with those?

Oh, here's my run if you're interested,
link: http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/3760877

1st run was my actual first run (some near in parallel univers i did that, last year), the second one is the best result, for third i was a bit "dicky" and tried more but i failed.
Well... you have better system than me i've got to admit.

Status
Not open for further replies.