Tom's Hardware Superposition Benchmark Thread

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Something a little different for the thread:
7KHmS2b.png

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015

Keeping me busy over here. I'll add my set of cards to the chart soon...you'll see I have a few spare parts... (enough to give 5 PCs 8GB RAM...)

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015
I think it needs new thermal paste. I half expected it to explode. I could cook an egg on this...let's hope the R9 280X fairs a bit better.

6ietQGf.png

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015
Wow...this actually performs the same as a mildly overclocked 1050Ti...For the heck of it I ran Passmark as well, not that bad. My 1050Ti got 1458 on Superposition and 7113 on Passmark.

This one actually almost blew up. Apparently a 450W PSU isn't good enough for an overclocked 280X.

Knowing how crippling Superposition is, my GTX 750 is gonna choke on its own blood and soil itself.

NfgNXJr.png

kdbZvvG.jpg

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015

Oh fish that's old. That's like 8800GT era old.

I ran my GTX 580, 1.5GB vRAM is severely killing the score and I want to make an exception for 1080p Medium in this case. Superposition was basically a nervous slideshow. I'm posting Passmark scores on these older vRAM limited cards to give you a better idea of how they perform when vRAM isn't an issue. I'm waiting on MSI Afterburner to finish and then I'm gonna run the benchmark again before updating the table. I think if you need to run the benchmark at 1080p Medium, chop the score by 35% rounded up and we can make that the 1080p Extreme score if results are consistent enough between vRAM limited cards.

If I had the GTX 580 3GB, vRAM wouldn't be an issue. If someone does have one around, please benchmark it!

Surprised we haven't seen more people run this.

But then 1080P Extreme is the hardest setting. :D

The 4K preset is nothing compared to that.

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015

Well the results for the GTX 580 are in, and they aren't very pretty so I ran 1080p Medium.

4033*0.35= 1412 (35%), I think that's fair considering how the 270x/280x performed.

Yo moderators, you think that's fair? Even the Passmark scores are consistent for a card of its power.

0RvK6Qw.png

qJdzV0L.png

MW7BQQp.jpg

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015

The amount of artifacting I experienced made me extremely uncomfortable. But those temps tho! Unfortunately adding more RAM did not help my score, neither did overclocking my Xeon or upgrading to the Z77 chipset...Only the water cooler I installed...
92PDdvF.png

This benchmark seems to be bandwidth sensitive more than anything else. I was running on a 5830k at 4.5. Dropped it to 4389 (104.5x42) and it improved slightly. I overclocked the video card 62mhz core and 550mhz ram and it jumped a bit more.

My system ram is currently 'crippled'; one side of the ram sockets are bad due to shoddy ASUS QA, so running single channel. I wonder if this will improve when I swap in the replacement MB and enable quad channel again......
QI6EBnW.png

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015

Are you bozi12 on the leaderboard? they also have a 5820K.

I don't think it's as sensitive as you believe, my 1070 is running in PCI 2.0 mode and I was still able to get fairly high on the leaderboard, I think my 1070 is lower binned because I haven't been able to get much higher than 3900 without severe artifacting.

I am not bozi12 an I don't have a 5820k, I have a 5930k. My 980ti would only OC to 1480 (a 60mhz increase). My CPU was only a average overclocker. Before my fiddling mentioned above I also got around 3900. After I got back to back runs of around 4220.

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015

Feels good to be on top, baby!

SLI GTX 1070s kick major butt in Superposition, double memory bandwidth, great scaling (greater than 200%)

9i2iFdo.png

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015

yeah I paid a little over $800 for both, and I feel kinda stupid because one 1070 was $380 on Amazon and the other was $460 at Best Buy and I lost my dang receipt.

I mean the 1070 is definitely not a bad GPU, while I wouldn't say that the score scaled because of the scoring algos, the framerate was practically double vs single GPU.

My old Corsair CX600 is powering these things like a champ too, largely because my CPU draws less power than an equivalent i7.

Now it's your turn!

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
LOL I don't even know where I would get my hands on another liquid cooled Vega 64, they are sold out everywhere (and when available they are $800). I'd also need a significantly larger PSU, as is I am just about maxing out my 650. Nah, I'm good with second place !

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015

I added a light overclock to core and memory. HUGE improvement - my FPS increased from a single GPU at a factor of OVER 200%.

Sell your Vega and get two 1070s, I mean seriously, look at this!

bQLak4W.png

Edit: I should mention that this score is better than almost all of the pre-Titan V scores - coming at 14th place WORLDWIDE, and minus the Titan V the score is 3rd worldwide. Good luck beating me with a 1080Ti hahahaha

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015

But I have pretty colors too. The higher end GTX 1070s have RGB lights.

LED.gif

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015

Put them...put them in Crossfire...

Those are both below Jankerson's benchmark...

If you're having clock problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems and a bench ain't one

Also, because of the rules I've put in place, only one of those will be added, mainly Rule #5 and Rule #9. I know they're both different aftermarket variants, however the rules still stand. If I had an EVGA GTX 1080 and an MSI GTX 1080 i'd only add the better score.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
CF isn't needed. I was just posting for others, not the chart.

The one in my server (the second one) is primarily there to crunch numbers (BOINC/SETI). The other rig is my daily driver PC.

No OCs on anything (including my game rig). Might do some tweaking over the holidays to see what I can squeeze out them.

logainofhades

Titan

I wish my cards had that, as the Neutron shows off the graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.