Tom's Hardware System Builder Now Live!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TechDicky

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
I would love to check this out, but I refuse to get a Facebook account. The internet is my one place of refuge. If I get a Facebook account, then suddenly I will be forced to deal with family and friends in the one place I have left to escape from them!!!

So seriously, think about making a standalone version… Better still… have it tie into Newegg with real-time pricing…

thebigt42

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]thebigt42[/nom]Cool Idea Facebook app FAIL! Post to my wall FAIL! Deny Access to my Basic info FAIL! Deny[/citation]
Just created a fake Facebook account to test the app. It sucks!
It just puts random components for you to select. It needs more of a drill drown selection process to be useful...ie when selecting a cpu choose Intel or AMD ----then I7 or I5 you get where I'm going.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]thebigt42[/nom]Just created a fake Facebook account to test the app. It sucks!It just puts random components for you to select. It needs more of a drill drown selection process to be useful...ie when selecting a cpu choose Intel or AMD ----then I7 or I5 you get where I'm going.[/citation]

Its for FB users... You know so you dont end up with a Phenom in a socket 1155.

Like someone said ITT, a newegg integration would be perfect. And no FB integration is allowed if you want someone with more than 2 brain cells to participate.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
Facebook IS the internet. People no long have the net at home, they have Facebook at home. The portal to wich everything digital is now connected. Welcome to the dark side. We have cookies.

mediv42

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2008
does it check if your power supply is sufficient, your cpu/motherboard/ram are compatible, your VGA card fits in your case, and things like that?

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]zak_mckraken[/nom]Facebook IS the internet. People no long have the net at home, they have Facebook at home. The portal to wich everything digital is now connected. Welcome to the dark side. We have cookies.[/citation]

Hence the internetS... I am on the old one and I quite like it.

nmodin

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
"Sorry! We can't display this content while you're viewing Facebook over a secure connection (https)."

Now THAT's how you kill a great idea. Please fire who ever said "Facebook" first in whatever meeting started this project.

Status
Not open for further replies.