Question Too Many Background Processes Running on Task Manager?

sportsmc3

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2013
I have a Dell G3 gaming laptop that I purchased from Best Buy as a gift, and it seems as though there are a lot of processes running in my Task Manager, and I do not know which ones are safe to disable, or if I should uninstall programs that are running. Currently, I have 86 background processes running, and they are all over the place in terms of what they are. One of them is LG HUB and there are three of those along with LG HUB Agent and Updater, some of the processes are very repetitive such as this one or Runtime Broker. The other issue is the maximum frequency percentage is far above 100% often times in the Resource Monitor, should I be concerned? Any troubleshooting steps would be helpful, so I don't overheat the computer or damage it some other way. Thanks in advance.

I have a Dell G3 gaming laptop that I purchased from Best Buy as a gift, and it seems as though there are a lot of processes running in my Task Manager, and I do not know which ones are safe to disable, or if I should uninstall programs that are running. Currently, I have 86 background processes running, and they are all over the place in terms of what they are. One of them is LG HUB and there are three of those along with LG HUB Agent and Updater, some of the processes are very repetitive such as this one or Runtime Broker. The other issue is the maximum frequency percentage is far above 100% often times in the Resource Monitor, should I be concerned? Any troubleshooting steps would be helpful, so I don't overheat the computer or damage it some other way. Thanks in advance.
Post a screenshot of task manager/startup.

Colif

Win 11 Master
The other issue is the maximum frequency percentage is far above 100% often times in the Resource Monitor, should I be concerned?
that is normal
It simply means of the total maximum of your processors normal speed.

With speed step, power saving and everything else disabled, this should always read 100%.

If you have power saving on your laptop that under clocks your CPU compared to the stock speed, it will report a lower percentage.

If you have turbo boost or similar, it will report a higher percentage.

So, again, this is the current maximum percentage your processor can currently run when compared against its reported normal speed.

I am not 100% sure, but my guess is that if you overclock, the overclocked amount would be the "base" speed to Windows and overclocking by 20% would not show a 120% maximum frequency - this is just guessing, I have no way to test.

Is your PC running slow or are you just looking for problems?

sportsmc3

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2013
PC is not running slow, just looking for problems I guess, I will leave it alone, guess there’s nothing wrong, the task manager just looked a little busy, and I wasn’t sure if it’s straining the system :/

Colif

Win 11 Master
LG Hub is part of Logitech Gaming Software, wonder what Logitech is doing on a dell laptop. Webcam maybe?

is it a G3 3579? or a 3590? I don't see Logitech mentioned on either of their driver pages

Can you download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html
All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional as 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

Can you take a screenshot from (and including)Driver name to (and including)Creation date.

upload it to an image sharing website and show link here

I am just looking to see what's loaded.

why you sad your pc has no problems? that is how it should be on a new laptop.

Last edited:

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Set a restore point.

Open a browser to the side or on another machine. Go into ad/remove programs and as you come across each item you don't recognize, search to see if you need it and/or uninstall them.

Also a good time to look through startup programs and background apps. Run through all the start menu pins as well.

If you happen to mess up or remove something you actually need, use the restore point.

I HIGHLY recommend doing fresh and clean installs on factory OEM builds. Bloatware STD's as Dawid (does tech) calls them.

Reactions: sportsmc3