Took apart computer

dustin1288

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2012
Took my computer apart, and the monitor will not work. It has power, but it’s like it’s not being recognized.

Blew it out with my air compressor, which I’ve done for years with never an issue. Just wondering if I unplugged too many things and messed something up. Willl provide pics when I can.

Chasingfaith

Reputable
May 7, 2016
You've probablly just connected something wrong, could be an easy fix. Does your pc still boot? Meaning, does the pc itself still start up normally (Are the fans on ect.) If it does, then there's probably something wrong with your gpu?

Pics and full system specs would be very useful :)

USAFRet

Titan

1. It was working
2. You took it apart
3. You put it back together
4. Now it does not work.

It would seem that there were some issues with Step 3.
What that might be is impossible for anyone out here to know.

Start here:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

dustin1288

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2012
@chasingfaith.

As far as my specs go:

Corsair hx750 ps.
GeForce Gtx 670ftw
Asus motherboard sabertooth z77 I think
16 gigs of ram.
Intel I7 2700 professor? Idk something low that lol.

Pc boots up, doesn’t make any beeps like it normally does though. Usually when I started it up it would beep once and my monitor flickered on.

My ps. Fan doesn’t start. Which I’ve been told it will start up when more power is being used. And 1 little fan doesn’t start on my motherboard. Like it’s a very tiny fan under my fan for my intel prosessor.

Chasingfaith

Reputable
May 7, 2016
Since your pc doesn't boot properly (cpu fan should turn on) the problem probably isn't just caused by the gpu. However, it's impossible for anyone here pinpoint the problem because of the limited information we're given. Therefore, pictures might help.

Furthermore, you can try to find the problem yourself. Try running your pc with only the cpu (with cooler) and one stick of ram installed and see if it works. Just connect your monitor to the integrated graphics. If the pc does boot this time, you can start adding components to find the real culprit