[SOLVED] Tools to help me troubleshot slow PC and intermittent internet?

Mashuguna

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
Are there any tools you guy's use to troubleshoot PC issues?

I am having frequent internet disconnects, my ping goes from 10ms to 3000ms, and I have some general slow downs. I ran Kapersky anti-virus, I ran CCleaner. I ran the Verizon FiOS ap to test my upload and download speeds. I cannot find what is wrong.

Is there a tool (or suite of tools) that can look at my PC temps, faulty wireless card, or do some other wizardry to help me find the bottleneck or issue?

Thanks for any advice.

Solution
Microsoft:

Task Manager

Resource Monitor

Process Explorer (you may need to download this via Microsoft's website.

Powershell: Get- cmdlets are very useful for finding system and hardware details. Get is "Read Only" and there should not be any changes made.

Example: Get-Disk

Third Party

CPU-z

HWinfo

Speccy

Be very careful about third party tools. Many websites "offer" the downloads but are designed to trick you into clicking a big green button for something else.

And the download may contain other things that you do not want.

Ralston18

Titan
Microsoft:

Task Manager

Resource Monitor

Process Explorer (you may need to download this via Microsoft's website.

Powershell: Get- cmdlets are very useful for finding system and hardware details. Get is "Read Only" and there should not be any changes made.

Example: Get-Disk

Third Party

CPU-z

HWinfo

Speccy

Be very careful about third party tools. Many websites "offer" the downloads but are designed to trick you into clicking a big green button for something else.

And the download may contain other things that you do not want.

Reactions: Mashuguna
Solution