Top 7 Reasons for PC Gamers to Get Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
[citation][nom]yantelope[/nom]Direct X 11 will be compatible with Vista so I'm not sure why this is listed.[/citation]
I think they are focusing mostly on XP users. People who upgraded to Vista already probably do not need as much convincing to get Win 7.

gwolfman

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
Sorry for double post, but this seems like a nice feature:
4 - Easy updates
The new Games Explorer will notify you whenever updates are available for your games so you don't have to go searching for them yourself or have to launch the game to see if there's an update waiting.

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
I wasn't going to get Windows 7, but now that I know it will have Internet Checkers I think I will have to rethink my decision!

G

fck who will play Internet Backgammon, Internet Spades, and Internet Checkers ??

etrnl_frost

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2009
Number 3 is useless to all Steam users. In fact, if it starts to implement Live in too much of an integrated fashion, it could conflict with Steam, much as Live already does.

vivekkurup

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
To quote a coworker: 'Across same hardware, Crysis runs awesome on Win7! Even better than XP!'

He forgot to mention that the Xp machine was running a GeForce 7200 and the Win7 machine a GeForce 280GTX.

nurgletheunclean

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007
As long as it uses that bloated winsxs directory it's still broken. Here would be my reasons to switch.
*WTV conversion works.
*TRIM for SSDs.
*winsxs replaced by virtualization (like it was supposed to be).

Aerobernardo

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2006
They said the same thing about Vista and then again about 64bit OS'...

Will we be able to play Full Throttle too? Still on Xp till I see Crysis on it and M$ Dosbox.

coffeeproblem

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2009
"The top third-party games, services, and international versions of games have been tested in Windows 7"

I would like to know how considering PunkBuster has refused to offer support for Windows 7 until it goes retail. Every game I've got that I play online requires this to run, and as far as I can tell, Even Balance has yet to comment on anything in public since last year.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
Yes, it will run Crysis.
Well you took the fun out of who ever got to say that first in the thread.
Well It is understandable that Win7 will put better use of your hardware at least the newer and newer ones hell xp thinks my E8400 is a Xeon III. Really i only need 1 reason. Continued support by major company's for drivers etc is enough to make me finally change my main os from xp.

lifelesspoet

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
Find downloaded games, Don't place shortcuts in the taskbar?
When microsoft releases an os, everytime one of the biggest new features is search. Its no wonder we lose files because every version of windows finds a new place to put stuff, but they leave the old place intact Just in case.
Either the design team is really bad at misplacing files or they are over engineering a simple problem.

MountainFlip

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2005
The author of this "news" story, Marcus Yam, seems like a sellout to me....

I'd prefer a list of features and not regurgitated marketing material that I can find on Microsoft's website. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.