Question Toshiba Satellite Recovery mode looping

Aug 20, 2019
I have the Toshiba Satellite C50 & it's working fine last 1 years. recently 3 days ago i have started my laptop "the hard driver recovery" page is appeared. i was select "NO" option. the laptop is restarted again the same option is come so i have decided to go for"YES" option and reset the windows 8 the everything is working fine & everything is deleted. after 3 days the same issue is comeback. i have tried everything clean the ram and disconnect /reconnect the HDD but nothing is working as well as select "YES" option and then "exit to continue windows".

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
If you have a full system image backup, then my first advice is to remove the existing system drive and connect it to another machine with either an adapter cable or enclosure and run diagnostics on it (e.g. SeaTools or the one your drive manufacturer might issue) and definitely do the short generic test. If that comes back bad you know you need a new drive anyway. If it doesn't, run the long generic test.

If you're going to get a replacement HDD those have become so cheap I'd be inclined to tell you to just buy one, pop it in to the machine in question, and do a completely clean install of Windows 10 on it. That will likely solve the problem. You can then either recovery your user data or your whole system image from your existing backup. You could even do the recovery straight to the new drive, but the Win10 clean install would give you some additional information as far as the old drive likely having been bad.