Question TPS65994 DEVICE not found help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2020
I just built my first computer and was going through everything to make sure all the drivers installed correctly and that there were no warning signs in my device manager for Windows 10 home 64-bit. I saw that under system devices I have a warning sign with [TPS6994 Device] when I opened the properties it came up showing in device status that is was not able to start and that the object was not found. It shows that the [Manufacturer: Texas Instruments] and [location: on Intel(R) Serial IO I2C Host Controller - 06E9]. I have googled anything about the device and have not been able to come up with anything about it. I will list my computer information below to help assist in troubleshooting the issue hopefully.

I have a EVGA 360mm closed loop cooler installed its plugged into my usb2.0 header [slot 1] the 3 pin cord i have attached to my cpu fan header was going to change that to the AIO header on my motherboard and connect the 3 fans to the cpu fan header. I only mention all this in case my plugging the water cooler pump into that usb 2.0 header is causing an issue some how and making the TPS6994 Device undetectable even though that is the way its supposed to be installed.
CPU: Intel i7-10700K
Ram-CORSAIR: Vengeance LPX 32GB (2PK x 16GB) 3.2 GHz DDR4 DRAM
Motherboard: Republic Of Gamers MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI)
Chipset: Z490
Storage:
Team Group MP34 M.2 2280 1TB PCIe 3.0 x4 with NVMe 1.3 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive
Power Supply: EVGA G5 1000 Supernova 1,000 watts

Additional System Information:
OS Name:
Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version: 10.0.19041 Build 19041
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
System Name: DESKTOP-GI8TVUN
System Manufacturer: ASUS
System Model: System Product Name
System Type: x64-based PC
System SKU: SKU
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. 0222, 2/21/2020
SMBIOS Version: 3.2
Embedded Controller Version: 255.255
BIOS Mode: UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Product: ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI)
BaseBoard Version: Rev 1.xx
Platform Role: Desktop
Secure Boot State: Off
PCR7 Configuration: Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory: C:\WINDOWS
System Directory: C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale: United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer: Version = "10.0.19041.1"
User Name: DESKTOP-GI8TVUN\Joey
Time Zone: Pacific Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 32.0 GB
Total Physical Memory: 30.9 GB
Available Physical Memory: 24.2 GB
Total Virtual Memory: 35.4 GB
Available Virtual Memory: 28.2 GB
Page File Space: 4.50 GB
Page File: C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection: Off
Virtualization-based security: Not enabled
Device Encryption Support: Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Thank you for any help I can get.

Jun 14, 2020
Also getting the same with a new build on Asus tuff z490-plus wifi. The only thing I can find online indicates that it might be the USB-C driver but I don’t have any USB-C devices to test the theory.

Anyone else found a solution for this?

What is the "Hardware ID", found on the device's property page > Details > Hardware Ids

Post the entirety of the topmost line shown.

This is an example of what you are looking for:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1502&SUBSYS_161C103C&REV_04

I'm assuming everyone has installed ALL of the relevant drivers from the ASUS website, yes?

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2020
Downloaded it. Installed it several ways (with the install batch and from the manually from within device Manager) but it doesn't work. As a matter of fact, I believe it's the driver that was present in the system previously.

Error message is:
This device cannot start. (Code 10)
The object was not found.

Thanks again for your help.

Jun 14, 2020
I also have the same hardware ids as juanmih, tried to instal the driver via posted link as well, same error.

More details from the events tab:
Device ACPI\INT3515\0 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem7.inf
Class Guid: {4d36e97d-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Service: TPS65994
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters:
Problem: 0xA
Problem Status: 0xC0000225

Jun 13, 2020
Hi everybody,

I wanted to update this with the fix.
It came with a BIOS update (I did it trough ASUS EZ Update, although it should not matter how you update your BIOS) for my ROG AMAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI).
So update your BIOS and it should be fixed.

Cheers!

Reactions: TeufelMorder
Jun 20, 2020
Hi everybody,

I wanted to update this with the fix.
It came with a BIOS update (I did it trough ASUS EZ Update, although it should not matter how you update your BIOS) for my ROG AMAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI).
So update your BIOS and it should be fixed.

Cheers!

I can confirm that updating the BIOS to the latest (Version 0607) fixed the TPS issue for me in Device Manager.

Reactions: TeufelMorder
Jun 14, 2020
I can confirm as well - the BIOS update fixed the issue.

Have patience with the BIOS update - it takes a couple of minutes to complete and a couple of minutes after system reboot as well.

Jul 23, 2020
The discussions and resolution are really helpful. I had the exact same issue on my Asus Z490M-Plus, i7-10700, and Windows 10 Professional 2004. The issue has been resolved after I updated the BIOS (current download version 1001). Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.