transfering 8mm video cassettes

fred

I have a numer of old 8mm video cassetes that I would like to put on CD's.
Is that possible using the cd burner ? Do I need special softwear or can I
just use a video/audio cable ? Do I need a special kind of CD ? Would
appreciate any help you can give.
Thanks,
--
fred

Hi,

Yes, it's possible. You need a video capture card to start with to connect
the video cassette player to the system and display/record the footage from
the tapes. Then a burning program that supports/converts the files created
into a Video CD (and standard blank CD can be used for this). Most modern
DVD players can handle the Video CD format.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

fred wrote:
> I have a numer of old 8mm video cassetes that I would like to put on CD's.
> Is that possible using the cd burner ? Do I need special softwear or can I
> just use a video/audio cable ? Do I need a special kind of CD ? Would
> appreciate any help you can give.
> Thanks,
umm, I think you need a TV tuner, then use nero to play it directly from
the camera and record it straight to a CD/DVD.

Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I projected my 8mm onto a screen and captured with camcorder. Make sure the
Camcorder is right beside the projector or the picture will skew. I then put
it on CD using a capture card.