Question Transferring new channel list with Onka Philips Channel Editor is failing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2023
I have bought a Philips 32PHS5507/62 television. Deleting or modifying channels is not allowed. I use Onka Philips Channel Editor for editing channels. Transferring edited xml file from usb (FAT32 formatted) to television is failing.

Can you advice me to transfer the xml file please?

The installed firmware is:
Version TPS191E_000.002.048.000
PQ version M003.0.34

Ralston18

Titan
More information and explanation is needed.

What specific channel modifications are required?

Phillip's editor may allow for some limited editing but perhaps not to the extent that seems to be the stated requirement.

If the TV or editing tool restricts channel modifications then users will need to abide by those restrictions.

Attempting to edit a XML file and overwritethe existing XLM file is unlikely to suceed - especially if Phillips has intentionally set up means to prevent such attempts.

If there is a specific reason or requirement for tranferring edited XLM files then Phillips should be contacted.

Mar 21, 2023
I have scanned the satellite channels. Among the scanned channels there are encrypted channels, SD channels, advertising channels and many radio channels that I do not want. I want to delete them and sort the HD channels as I want.

There are no options for deleting and sorting channels on the TV. It only allows you to select and sort your favourite channels.

Philips has agreed this for my television.

I found an editing third party software called Onka Philips Channel Editor, which runs on Windows.

I transferred the channels list to usb from tv, which is an xml file. Edited the list as I wanted on pc. Then I want to transfer the edited list to the television. I use FAT32 formatted usb. The transfer from usb to tv always fails.

I transferred the file as a directory, as subdirectory and as an xml file. All failed.

I got an edited tv channels file from somebody else from a local forum which works on a different Philips tv. but that file transfer failed, too.

So, I can edit the xml (satellite channels file) file with Onka Philips Channel Editor successfully but the transfer from usb to tv always fails.

Mar 21, 2023
Please forget upper request. Is there a way to edit satellite channels in a Philips 32PHS5507/62 television.?

Ralston18

Titan
I understand that you wish to "edit satellite channels in a Philips 32PHS5507/62 television".

However such editing or other activities,for whatever reasons, is likely to run afoul of Phillips' and/or your satellite service providers's rules.

Specifically "Deleting or modifying channels is not allowed."

You must contact Phillips and/or your satellite service provider regarding your requirements and objectives.

Assisting with such "edits" is a likely violation of Forum rules.

Closing thead to further posts.

Reactions: Cento
Status
Not open for further replies.