[SOLVED] Transferring SSD and HDDs to a new system.

Oct 23, 2019
On my current gaming build, I have a 128GB SSD which holds Windows 10 64 bit and all of my program files, I also have two 1TB HDDS that store all of my games, pictures, and music. I am going to be doing a new build soon (both the new and old motherboards are/will be Intel if that matter). Can I simply place the SSD and the HDDs in the new system and use them without any problems or having to re-download everything?

Solution
On my current gaming build, I have a 128GB SSD which holds Windows 10 64 bit and all of my program files, I also have two 1TB HDDS that store all of my games, pictures, and music. I am going to be doing a new build soon (both the new and old motherboards are/will be Intel if that matter). Can I simply place the SSD and the HDDs in the new system and use them without any problems or having to re-download everything?
Often asked question.

3 possibilities:
  1. It boots up just fine
  2. It fails completely
  3. It works, but you're chasing issues for weeks.

I've seen all 3.

Prepare for a full wipe and reinstall.
Be glad if you don't have to.

USAFRet

Titan
Often asked question.

3 possibilities:
  1. It boots up just fine
  2. It fails completely
  3. It works, but you're chasing issues for weeks.

I've seen all 3.

Prepare for a full wipe and reinstall.
Be glad if you don't have to.

Solution