Question Tried to change the battery ?

Jul 23, 2022
I have a 5 year old laptop and the battery gave up. Amazon sells replacements and there is a video. Nothing to it.

I read that you should try a new charging cable if your battery will not charge. Well the new charging cable had a prong that was bent and too big but I did not notice this until after I inserted into the power jack and part of it pulled out.

No worries. I can replace the power jack. I did. I replaced the power jack. I replaced the battery. I returned the faulty charging cable and got a different one. When the charging light did not come on I re-examined the innards and saw a loose power ribbon which I attached.

Let me explain the personal end. I have all sorts of data on this laptop (C drive) and most of it is not backed up. I had to look for a phone number and it took me a while to figure out how to get it. It is like this with everything. I tried to be practical and calm but this is no longer working.

I think the place where the power jack plugs in inside the laptop cracked when I placed the plug in. Can this be clamped and glued or is this not the problem.

https://ibb.co/WgP2f0y

Let me explain the personal end. I have all sorts of data on this laptop (C drive) and most of it is not backed up. I had to look for a phone number and it took me a while to figure out how to get it. It is like this with everything. I tried to be practical and calm but this is no longer working.

Before continuing to fix the power issue and because you already have it back cover opened, you can have your data transferred to other storage.

For a laptop HDD/SSD, this adapter will do the job, no external power required.

USB-3-0-SATA-III-Adapter-Cable-W25CE01-6Gbps-JMS578-Black-11122020-01-p.jpg

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran