Question Trouble booting pc

May 1, 2019
Hello, I just finished my second pc build. However, while starting it for the first time the text, "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key." appeared on screen.
Why is this and how do I solve it?
Thanks

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
open the BIOS. set the boot order. the motherboard is trying to boot a device that is not there or bootable.
enter the BIOS, check your manual on how to, and change the order of the boot devices. if you are installing windows from USB, set USB as the first boot device. the system will boot to the USB and the windows setup will proceed.
if you are trying to boot from a previous windows install, not suggested, set the drive containing the OS as the first boot device.

May 1, 2019
open the BIOS. set the boot order. the motherboard is trying to boot a device that is not there or bootable.
enter the BIOS, check your manual on how to, and change the order of the boot devices. if you are installing windows from USB, set USB as the first boot device. the system will boot to the USB and the windows setup will proceed.
if you are trying to boot from a previous windows install, not suggested, set the drive containing the OS as the first boot device.
The thing is that I can't do anything, it goes directly to the
I tried but nothing happens, it goes directly to the error screen and then I can't do anything since every button retries the search