Trouble connecting canon printer to laptop

Apr 2, 2018
I am using a canon ts8020 printer and an acer aspire 5750G-6480 laptop. I have tried connecting to my printer via my laptop and even under control panel it shows up on my network. However, whenever I try to print something, it tells me that my printer is offline, even though it is live and working and physically connected to the network. For now as a default I have been printing documents via the canon mobile app from my samsung galaxy s5. Please help!

Apr 2, 2018

Well what I did was to uninstall and reinstall the drivers. This is the process I encountered: Everything went as expected on the uninstall, but the re - install I have a couple of questions. It told me to disable the block on the windows firewall, which in my case is being managed by norton security. I am not sure exactly how to do this in Norton Security. I could use some pointers on this.

The second issue is that I am having a problem with setting the static Ip. It is letting me know that the same subnet range is assigned for multiple networks. Stopping wireless LAN operation. Inactivate wireless Direct or change the subnet range. Basically what I did when I did an auto setup of my printer for the different ip addresses, I changed the last digit in each case, I've tried changing the last number in the first trio of numbers in the ip address as well. Maybe there is something I am missing in this case here too. Can you please explain how to ensure all these ip address numbers or in this case, the subnet ranges are not interfering with each other or other networks? Thanks so much!