Question Trouble setting up my NETGEAR R6260 router

May 30, 2019
Just bought arrived today, I have plugged the router into power, i should’ve done more research before purchasing. After googling guides people say plug into modem but I don’t have one. Also my old router has a broadband slot that my new one doesn’t. Does that mean I have bought the wrong type that isn’t compatabile? Also the power light turns on and the WiFi does but not the internet. I am trying to connect using WiFi but when I do it says I am connected but no internet. Any replies greatly appreciated

kanewolf

Titan
Just bought arrived today, I have plugged the router into power, i should’ve done more research before purchasing. After googling guides people say plug into modem but I don’t have one. Also my old router has a broadband slot that my new one doesn’t. Does that mean I have bought the wrong type that isn’t compatabile? Also the power light turns on and the WiFi does but not the internet. I am trying to connect using WiFi but when I do it says I am connected but no internet. Any replies greatly appreciated
How is your internet provided?
What was your previous make and model of router?
The R6260 expects to have an ethernet cable from your internet source. If you don't have that, you may have purchased the wrong router. Answering the two questions I asked will help us determine what your options are.

are you going to reply? i really need help

Not everyone is on the site monitoring replies, need to wait.

Your existing router looks to be what is called a gateway. It's not just a router but a router and modem in one box. To use your new router you would need to either setup the existing one to disable the router (manual to it will show you how), or contact the ISP and ask them to get you a standard modem, or buy a compatible modem yourself. If you get a modem you may need to call the ISP to setup your connection.