Question Trouble with a new PC (no display, flickering power button)

Jul 2, 2022
The build:
CPU: Intel Core i7-12700KF 3.6 GHz 12-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z690-P WIFI D4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard
Memory: Kingston FURY Beast RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: Western Digital Black SN750 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 10GB LHR 10 GB GAMING OC Rev 2.0 Video Card
Case: Corsair iCUE 4000X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Fractal Design Ion Gold 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Recording of a launch: https://streamable.com/6bp7ty
View of the GPU: https://streamable.com/osll2o

This is my first build, maybe someone's got the slightest idea where to look for the issue.

The computer launches, but there is 'no signal' message on the monitor. It shouldn't be a cable or monitor problem as I have already tested these.

When the power button is pressed, as can be seen on the video, both stock fans and aio sta rt spinning and light up rgb.

Memory sticks don't lighten up - possible culprit?

It also might be mention worthy that while GPU starts up, lights up RGB and its fans start spinning, as can be seen on the second vid, after just a few seconds spinning stops.
The power button is flickering.

No sounds what so ever coming out.

I see there was a similar thread not long ago, but unfortunately went unanswered :/

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to try and breadboard the system with one stick of ram and the discrete GPU. While breadboarded, it'd be a good idea to inspect your CPU socket for any bent or broken CPU socket pins. As for your ram, try and make sure that they are seated properly in their slots. Speaking of slots, which slots are the sticks of ram populating on the board?

have you made sure all connections are secure and in order(i.e, they are where they need to be connected on the motherboard)?

Jul 2, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to try and breadboard the system with one stick of ram and the discrete GPU. While breadboarded, it'd be a good idea to inspect your CPU socket for any bent or broken CPU socket pins. As for your ram, try and make sure that they are seated properly in their slots. Speaking of slots, which slots are the sticks of ram populating on the board?

have you made sure all connections are secure and in order(i.e, they are where they need to be connected on the motherboard)?

I think I'll try checking these connections first because I'm not overly confident of disassembling the whole thing completely (considering my current skillset) to try breadboarding. Had issues with connecting some stuff as instructions of components were not always in line with instructions found in instruction for the motherboard, especially with the whole AIO Pump and all the stock fans.

RAM's installed in A2 and B2, as per instruction for the motherboard in case of two sticks.

Jul 24, 2022
I think I'll try checking these connections first because I'm not overly confident of disassembling the whole thing completely (considering my current skillset) to try breadboarding. Had issues with connecting some stuff as instructions of components were not always in line with instructions found in instruction for the motherboard, especially with the whole AIO Pump and all the stock fans.

RAM's installed in A2 and B2, as per instruction for the motherboard in case of two sticks.
Did you end up getting your build running? I just built nearly the exact same computer and I'm having the exact same problem and I can't figure out what's wrong. It powers on and all the lights and fans come on and the power button rapidly blinks but there's no video signal to the monitor and I've tried everything I can think of to no avail.