[SOLVED] Trouble with AC Syndicate (probably CPU fault)

Mar 12, 2020
Im having really strange problem with this game. My CPU is intel i5-7400 3.00GHZ 4 cores. The thing is when I've driven chariots the game had to lag sometimes to render blurry textures and that was really annoying. Despite this the FPS were pretty decent but sometimes game just freezed in random moments. Later i found a solution which told me i should uncheck the CPU core number 0 through affinity in task manager.
It worked out - no more texture loads during rides however the FPS dropped a bit. It wasn't a big problem BUT i experienced way more freezes and sometimes even crashes. Idk why is this happening. I think attaching an SSD disc (currently i have HDD only) may be a solution for blurry textures rendering but I'm not sure. Thanks in advance for any help.

Solution
The thing is when I've driven chariots the game had to lag sometimes to render blurry textures and that was really annoying. Despite this the FPS were pretty decent but sometimes game just freezed in random moments.
Microsoft:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/procthread/scheduling-priorities
The system treats all threads with the same priority as equal.
If a higher-priority thread becomes available to run, the system ceases to execute the lower-priority thread (without allowing it to finish using its time slice) and assigns a full time slice to the higher-priority thread
Use HIGH_PRIORITY_CLASS with care.
If a thread runs at the highest priority level for extended periods, other threads in the system...
Im having really strange problem with this game. My CPU is intel i5-7400 3.00GHZ 4 cores. The thing is when I've driven chariots the game had to lag sometimes to render blurry textures and that was really annoying. Despite this the FPS were pretty decent but sometimes game just freezed in random moments. Later i found a solution which told me i should uncheck the CPU core number 0 through affinity in task manager.
It worked out - no more texture loads during rides however the FPS dropped a bit. It wasn't a big problem BUT i experienced way more freezes and sometimes even crashes. Idk why is this happening. I think attaching an SSD disc (currently i have HDD only) may be a solution for blurry textures rendering but I'm not sure. Thanks in advance for any help.
What are your full system specs? It could possibly be a combination of things causing issues. What are you usually getting for fps and at what graphics settings and resolution?

Mar 12, 2020
What are your full system specs? It could possibly be a combination of things causing issues. What are you usually getting for fps and at what graphics settings and resolution?
My specs:
System: Windows 10 Home
CPU i5-7400 3.00GHz
GPU Geforce GTX 1060 6gb
Motherboard Gigabyte b250m-d3h-cf
8 gb ram ddr4
Hard drive 1TB

Mar 12, 2020
game is optimised for 6core cpu
try cap your FPS, that should save some cpu resource from rendering to other things game also needs
I actually set refresh rate to 50Hz and turned Vsync on but it didn't quite work out. Game works now more stable, no fps jumps but freezes and crashes are still a thing.

My specs:
System: Windows 10 Home
CPU i5-7400 3.00GHz
GPU Geforce GTX 1060 6gb
Motherboard Gigabyte b250m-d3h-cf
8 gb ram ddr4
Hard drive 1TB
Is that a 1TB HDD or SSD? If it's a HDD is it 5400 or 7200rpm? Do you know the speed of your ram and is it a single module or 2x4GB? You may have a combination of issues causing your game problems. Some of them may be linked to your memory and game installation drive. You may be trying to run the game at higher settings than your system can handle smoothly. What is your in-game resolution?

The thing is when I've driven chariots the game had to lag sometimes to render blurry textures and that was really annoying. Despite this the FPS were pretty decent but sometimes game just freezed in random moments.
Microsoft:
If a higher-priority thread becomes available to run, the system ceases to execute the lower-priority thread (without allowing it to finish using its time slice) and assigns a full time slice to the higher-priority thread
If a thread runs at the highest priority level for extended periods, other threads in the system will not get processor time.
If several threads are set at high priority at the same time, the threads lose their effectiveness.
The high-priority class should be reserved for threads that must respond to time-critical events
Background threads, particularly those that are processor intensive, can be set to THREAD_PRIORITY_BELOW_NORMAL or THREAD_PRIORITY_LOWEST, to ensure that they can be preempted when necessary.
However, if you have a thread waiting for another thread with a lower priority to complete some task, be sure to block the execution of the waiting high-priority thread.

Game Devs: HOLD MY BEER.

The problem is DEVS put rendering jobs on priorities that are the same priority and sometimes even higher than the rest of the threads causing the background threads to stop putting out data the main thread needs to go on.
You can fix this by reducing the thread priority of the offending threads.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWTk7J5qdcg

Last edited:
Solution
Microsoft:
If a thread runs at the highest priority level for extended periods, other threads in the system will not get processor time.
If several threads are set at high priority at the same time, the threads lose their effectiveness.
The high-priority class should be reserved for threads that must respond to time-critical events
Background threads, particularly those that are processor intensive, can be set to THREAD_PRIORITY_BELOW_NORMAL or THREAD_PRIORITY_LOWEST, to ensure that they can be preempted when necessary.
However, if you have a thread waiting for another thread with a lower priority to complete some task, be sure to block the execution of the waiting high-priority thread.

Game Devs: HOLD MY BEER.

The problem is DEVS put rendering jobs on priorities that are the same priority and sometimes even higher than the rest of the threads causing the background threads to stop putting out data the main thread needs to go on.
You can fix this by reducing the thread priority of the offending threads.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWTk7J5qdcg
if u play borderless this is true, exclusive fullscreen has different priorities