Trouble with Wifi on tablet

xertia

Reputable
Oct 14, 2015
Everything but my Alcatel one touch tablet is working fine with HOME WIFI, but this isn't. It was working fine like 10 minutes ago but now it's not. Maybe it's something I did because I opened the free antivirus widget, (clicked on the battery thing), went to Power Consumption and went to Data Usage. I turned Usage Count On, then customized it with Warn when usage reaches (%) and show data in notification area then went back. Then I turned it back off in hopes that wifi would be restored WITHOUT having to enable Data Connection.

I tried to find suggestions that would help but none of them did. Not the factory reset. Not the Turn off/on wifi, turn off/on tablet, that didn't help. And I don't know what a router is or what I should touch, I'm not touching it. And if I should call the internet provider company, tell me please. But I don't want to get them involved if this could be solved within a few minutes.

I tried to connect my wifi but it still says Authenticating... or Disabled, or even Disconnected sometimes. And every time I press Connect, it goes back in a circle with the aforementioned results.

Solution
If you did a factory restore on the system (which wipes it and sets it up as new), whatever you did before that will not carry over, so even if you did mess something up with playing around with settings on the tablet it no longer applies. I would try rebooting the router (unplug it and plug it back in), if you don't know what or where that is, then you need to contact your IPS for help, although if it's your own router, they would charge you a hefty fee to come in to unplug a cable for 3 seconds and plug it back in.
If you did a factory restore on the system (which wipes it and sets it up as new), whatever you did before that will not carry over, so even if you did mess something up with playing around with settings on the tablet it no longer applies. I would try rebooting the router (unplug it and plug it back in), if you don't know what or where that is, then you need to contact your IPS for help, although if it's your own router, they would charge you a hefty fee to come in to unplug a cable for 3 seconds and plug it back in.

Solution

xertia

Reputable
Oct 14, 2015

Thank you, but there looks like many lights and buttons, I'm just wondering where the cord is. I know where the router is, but I'm not sure of the plug and things, looks confusing.

Look for a usually black cord that goes to a wall jack, unplug it from the power for 15 seconds, plug back in. Wait a few minutes and then try things again.