Question Trying to do a bios flashback on the MSI MAG Z690 Tomahawk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 21, 2023
Just got the parts for my new PC this evening and started building. The build includes the MSI MAG Z690 Tomahawk and the 13900K. I tried doing the bios flashback after every component was installed.

There was a 16 GB USB stick (seems like USB 2.0 from its black color) included in the motherboard package. It included some old drivers but thought it would be perfect for the bios flashback. So I deleted the old drivers, formatted the stick, downloaded new updated drivers, and tried doing the bios flashback (I followed a youtube tutorial doing this). The flashback started and after about 8 minutes the mobo restarted. I waited for I a couple of minutes but got no display signal on any of my monitor ports on the computer.

Then I tried to do the flashback again with the same stick, but the exact same thing happened. After that I tried another 16 GB USB stick which I think is USB 2.0, but not sure. This time the bios flashback LED started blinking but the computer hardware did not turn on as it did with the MSI stick. It is at this very moment blinking and has done that for about an hour. I don't know what to do right now and I am afraid to remove the flash drive or restart the computer.

It is at this very moment blinking and has done that for about an hour. I don't know what to do right now and I am afraid to remove the flash drive or restart the computer.

Another member here recently had your same problem.

He waited overnight for it to complete....without success.

He tried a bunch of different flash drives and eventually came across one that worked......purely by chance, he said.

Don't know how much patience you have, but you might try using as many different flash drives as you can lay your hands on and cross your fingers.

Another member here recently had your same problem.

He waited overnight for it to complete....without success.

He tried a bunch of different flash drives and eventually came across one that worked......purely by chance, he said.

Don't know how much patience you have, but you might try using as many different flash drives as you can lay your hands on and cross your fingers.

Reactions: Lafong
Status
Not open for further replies.