Question Trying to pinpoint what's causing these issues.

May 24, 2020
Hi everyone,
I'm EmbarrassedAnon, writing because I don't exactly know what to do right now. I've contacted ASUS to try and resolve these issues, and I don't feel like I've gotten anywhere. I've asked my closest computer-nerd friends and I don't think they know what's up either. I honestly have no idea what's happening, so I'll just start explaining.

Here are my specs:
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-core processor 3.59 GHz
    Mobo: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard
  • RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB Video Card
  • Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply
  • Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive & Western Digital Blue 2 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Now onto the issues I've been having:
My computer won't shut down entirely. When I click "Shut Down", Windows shuts down and my mouse and keyboard act accordingly. Oddly, the PC itself remains to have power, the fans stay on, and the LEDs stay on. The only way to get it OFF is to flip the switch on the power supply. I've followed ASUS support advice, such as updating Windows and BIOS, and rebooting to last known good configuration.

Occasionally, the clock (time) resets itself. My friend says this is just a Windows bug, but I've never encountered this before, and there isn't much I can do to fix it?

I ran a benchmark and here are the results: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/28536975 and I have no idea how to fix any of these inadequacies.

I feel like such an idiot with these issues and not being able to find a fix for them, and asking my friends over and over gets me nowhere. Please, go easy on me.