[SOLVED] Trying to update my BIOS for my new CPU

Apr 5, 2021
okay, I recently purchased the Ryzen 7 5800x Zen3 architecture amd socket am4 and I currently am using ryzen 5 2600 6 core as of right now.

The motherboard is AsRock B450M-Pro4-CB

husband and I been trying everything to update the BIOS and it keeps saying no image detected each time. However, just recently we tried downloading the latest version of it and we tried once again and it searched for it and then it said the image can't be detected.

is there anything else we need to do? Are we missing something? Anything helps.

Solution
This is a pre-built by cyberpower.
We may need to address this, but I just now noticed that the link you provided above is not the correct link for your motherboard.
Your link: ASRock B450 Pro4 (ATX motherboard)
My link: ASRock B450M Pro4 (MicroATX motherboard).
ASRock B450M Pro4 BIOS

Download BIOS version 2.0 from this link. Extract it to your hard drive. Copy the files to a FAT32 formatted USB drive. Connect to a USB 2.0 port on the motherboard, Reboot and press "F2" during POST. Select Instant Flash.

-Wolf sends

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
A typical BIOS update would be DL from manufacturer's site. Almost always they are zipped. Read the detail notes and verify that they don't want the USB stick you are going to use formatted a certain way. As you unzip the BIOS file you downloaded either put it somewhere you can find like your desktop, or tell it to unzip to the empty USB you prepared.
When you boot into BIOS the motherboard will more than likely already see the file on the USB you prepared.
I suggest using the USB 2 ports on the rear of motherboard, not USB 3.

Edit- as an aside, I HIGHLY suggest doing BIOS update while on a battery backup (if not a laptop). If the power flips while doing this your motherboard is a brick unless it has dual BIOS.

Apr 5, 2021
A typical BIOS update would be DL from manufacturer's site. Almost always they are zipped. Read the detail notes and verify that they don't want the USB stick you are going to use formatted a certain way. As you unzip the BIOS file you downloaded either put it somewhere you can find like your desktop, or tell it to unzip to the empty USB you prepared.
When you boot into BIOS the motherboard will more than likely already see the file on the USB you prepared.
I suggest using the USB 2 ports on the rear of motherboard, not USB 3.

Edit- as an aside, I HIGHLY suggest doing BIOS update while on a battery backup (if not a laptop). If the power flips while doing this your motherboard is a brick unless it has dual BIOS.
Yeah, I am on the website for me to update the BIOS and I've done everything of what it tells me to and extracting the files onto an USB,putting the USB in the 2.0 port. However, once we done that we restarted the pc to update it in the BIOS and it still won't. I mean, as I said before, it read it and then just said no image detected. I have a video of it but unfortunately I can't send it here.

Apr 5, 2021
Yeah, I am on the website for me to update the BIOS and I've done everything of what it tells me to and extracting the files onto an USB,putting the USB in the 2.0 port. However, once we done that we restarted the pc to update it in the BIOS and it still won't. I mean, as I said before, it read it and then just said no image detected. I have a video of it but unfortunately I can't send it here.
I did also formatted the USB to FAT32.

Wolfshadw

Titan
https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/B450 Pro4/index.asp#BIOS

^ that is the website i am on and I am currently on 1.80. I did everything that it tells me to do in the yellow font before updating the BIOS. Since i figured, I should download the lastest versions.

So you did update to BIOS version 2.0 and install the AMD All-In-One Driver package BEFORE attempting to update to the latest BIOS?

-Wolf sends

Apr 5, 2021
So you did update to BIOS version 2.0 and install the AMD All-In-One Driver package BEFORE attempting to update to the latest BIOS?

-Wolf sends
Correct! I currently installed the all in one driver package before updating the BIOS. However, after I extracted the AMD driver I did download the AMD software in-order for it to update the driver. I don't know if I supposed to do that or not.

Wolfshadw

Titan
^ that is the website i am on and I am currently on 1.80.

So you did update to BIOS version 2.0

Correct! I currently installed the all in one driver package before updating the BIOS.

I'm confused. First you said you were currently on 1.8 and then you said you've successfully updated to 2.0. Which is it?
Was this a pre-built system (as indicated by your original "-CB" declaration)?

-Wolf sends

Apr 5, 2021
I'm confused. First you said you were currently on 1.8 and then you said you've successfully updated to 2.0. Which is it?
Was this a pre-built system (as indicated by your original "-CB" declaration)?

-Wolf sends
Sorry for the confusion🥺! I was confused as well when you've stated 2.0 and so I'd thought they were the same thing? But, anyways, sorry for the confusion.
Currently i am on 1.8. I've done what it told me in the yellow font, where I successfully updated the all in one driver's (and yes, I done that before updating the BIOS). This is a pre-built by cyberpower.

Wolfshadw

Titan
This is a pre-built by cyberpower.
We may need to address this, but I just now noticed that the link you provided above is not the correct link for your motherboard.
Your link: ASRock B450 Pro4 (ATX motherboard)
My link: ASRock B450M Pro4 (MicroATX motherboard).
ASRock B450M Pro4 BIOS

Download BIOS version 2.0 from this link. Extract it to your hard drive. Copy the files to a FAT32 formatted USB drive. Connect to a USB 2.0 port on the motherboard, Reboot and press "F2" during POST. Select Instant Flash.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: punkncat
Solution
the motherboard is AsRock B450M-Pro4
You have to be absolutely sure about model name. How did you verify it?
If bios update process can't detect bios file, then it might be searching for bios file for a different model board.

Asrock has several similar model boards.
B450M Pro4​
B450M Pro4 R2.0​
B450M Pro4-F​
B450M Pro4-F R2.0​
B450M/AC​
B450M/AC R2.0​
B450M-HDV R4.0​
B450 Pro4​
B450 Pro4 R2.0​